Photo
- - - - -

Is there any solution for Pagelines Developer's version customers, now that DMS has replaced it?

pagelines developer version DMS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 achif

achif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

As I understand, Pagelines Framework will not longer be updated. The solution is to migrate to DMS.

The thing is I paid for Pagelines Framework. The DMS version offered is a free solution with limited functions, and anybody can use it. Then there is DMS Premium, wich offers more, and you have to pay for it.

My credit card information was saved in your system when I purchased Pagelines Developer's version, I suppose there are not going to be any more charges for this product.

I feel enforced to pay for a solution to a product that worked fine at first and now is deprecated. Shouldn't I, as a client, get more ?
I love Pagelines, and I hope not to be dissapointed as a client.

:notfair:

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

Hi,

First, to clarify, Framework will continue to get security and core system upgrades to keep it up to date with WordPress.  Your investment isn't going to be lost now or in the near future.  If you look at our history with PlatformPro > Framework, you'll see that the full transition from release of Framework to the final EOL (End Of Life) of PlatformPro was well over 20 months.  We just formally stopped providing PlatformPro support in July, really.  I would say, honestly, you're safe for at least 18 months, which is pretty good for any software system.

I cannot answer about charges, but if you were paying for PLUS in Framework when DMS was released, you got DMS free.  To check, our billing desk would have to look up your account. They can be reached at hello@pagelines.com.  Keep in mind, I'm not passing the buck, but here, we don't have access to account info.

Can you help me? Please tell me where did you hear that Framework is deprecated.  I'm trying to track down this misinformation from its source.

#3 achif

achif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Thanks One Smart Egg,

About your question, I read a comment in the forums, can't remember where.

Today I payed for DMS developer, I had to put my credit card info, it wasn't saved, but I'm still worried. I'll write to the billing desk.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Best to do that. We don't do any billing stuff here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pagelines, developer version, DMS