Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Google IE Compatibility scripts

Question

Posted · Report post

We have the Google IE Compatibility script enabled in the PageLines > Site Options > Advanced and we want it on all but 2 pages.  I want to dequeue the scripts from those 2 pages but in order to do that I need to know the handle that PL used to enqueue them.  Can anyone share that information with me?  

Thanks,

WP v3.6

PL v2.4.4

1 person likes this

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The issue is that we have 2 alternate home pages that have extensive in-page css which all render fine, until the pages are redrawn with the IE8 fixes, and then they break.

https://test-cms.salesgenie.com/index-a/

https://test-cms.salesgenie.com/index-b/

I know it's the IE8 compatibility scripts because when I disable them in the PL > Site Options > Advanced the pages render just fine.  Unfortunately, then the rest of the site doesn't.  So I'd like to remove the scripts from just those 2 pages but in order to do that I need to know the handle that PL uses to enqueue them.

Any help?

Posted · Report post

Hi, 

IE Compatibility is not selectable on a page basis.  It either is or isn't in the site.   That said, you can download our Browser Specific CSS plugin and add specific CSS for the two pages you want to alter.  There's no way to use CSS though to disable compatibility on those pages.

Posted · Report post

Allow me to clarify.  I don't want to add extra CSS to the specific pages to disable the compatibility scripts.  I want the handle with which they were enqueued (wp_enqueue_script) so I can dequeue it using wp_dequeue_script.  All I'm asking is what handles were used to register the 2 scripts so I can dequeue them.

Posted · Report post

Any suggestions on how to dequeue those scripts on specific pages?

Anyone?

Posted · Report post

As you're trying to do something that's outside the scope of our support, I'm going to have to defer you to a custom programmer. This isn't something our moderator team can really assist with.  We're not developers or coders. I'm sorry we couldn't be more helpful.