Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Magazine Style layout

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

What is the best way to create a typical magazine style layout home page, so many sectioned areas with diff content.

Using the section area with the diff column sections within that.  ?

Will that rendor ok on the various browsers, or am I missing something, eg I need to do some coding to get that type of layout?

Thoughts ?

See attached sample 

Thanks 

signed - looking at doing a redo of what Ive started !

Edited by j powers

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi J,

This type of layout is where DMS can really shine and make it easy on you! Yes, I think your best bet is to pull columns into a section area and from that point, you can size the columns and place various sections in each according to your needs. You should be able to achieve most of the functionality you're looking for without coding, perhaps you'll want to tweak some of the look and feel elements with some CSS but your layout will render well in various browsers. Keep us posted on your progress!

Posted · Report post

Hi J,

This type of layout is where DMS can really shine and make it easy on you! Yes, I think your best bet is to pull columns into a section area and from that point, you can size the columns and place various sections in each according to your needs. You should be able to achieve most of the functionality you're looking for without coding, perhaps you'll want to tweak some of the look and feel elements with some CSS but your layout will render well in various browsers. Keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks Jake always nice to get validation before a redo, 

Side note any chance we can get this below topic pinned ?

"Show us your live DMS site"

Posted · Report post

I've pinned it! :D