disbale / edit sidebar / remove widgets on posts in dms

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, using dms a lot now!

Trying to figure out all the little bits, can't seem to find how to stop it displaying a sidebar on posts pages or remove / edit the widgets that appear in there?

I've tried templates, there aren't the options the same as in pagelines v2 to remove elements from content areas, I can't seem to find the sidebar that displays on posts to remove wigets in the appearance > widgets section either

How would I turn off / edit sidebar on posts without having to click the crosshare and remove the sidebar on every post before posting or making a template and having to apply that every time? Can I set a global option?

Any help kindly appreciated

Thanks

Dominic

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Dominic,

Yes, the manner in which you work with layouts and templates is different in DMS but I think you'll find it's very easy once you've played with it for awhile. If you are logged in and looking at one of your blog posts with a sidebar, you should see something like this http://d.pr/i/LImU and/or see a column above that with some default widgets loaded. Deleting those and then publishing should take care of it for you.

You may also be interested in checking out our docs on using/creating templates in DMS at http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/using-templates.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the quick reply

I'm trying to disable that view globally or set the properties so it doesn't do that, these sites are mostly passed on the the clients and they wont want to click buttons every time or have to remember to add a template

I might switch back to pagelines v2 until they get that updated, .. if they do

Kills it a bit, is pretty cool otherwise but that's gonna ruin it :(

Will keep experimenting myself, cheers though!