Transition between slides in RevSlider

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there! I'd like to slow the transition between slides in the RevSlider so that it slowly fades from one slide to the next. I've been able to customize the slides that I have within the slider and the duration of each slide. http://rasaspa.com/namaste/ But, I can't figure out how to change the transition effect. Can someone help?

Thank you SO much in advance!

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

If you point your cursor to the edit icon on your slider, then view the settings under the DMS Toolbar, you'll see a setting for milliseconds per slide.   That's the way to control the timing of the slide's transition. The transition method will determine how that transition looks.  Some look slow and easy, others fast and neat. Select accordingly.

Milliseconds are basically 1000 x each second.  So, if you want a 7 second transition, the value is 7000 milliseconds.

Posted · Report post

Rob Thanks for your reply! I have edited that value, and know that it controls the slide's duration (how long it stays up until it moves on to the next slide). I would like to change the value of the transition from one slide to the next. (kind of like the time in between slides)

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, there's no setting for that. You may need a different slider if RevSlider doesn't work for your needs. I'm not sure which of our products provides that kind of thing these days, so you may need a third party product or a pro to customize RevSlider.

Many apologies.

Posted · Report post

I had actually wanted to use the actual Revolution Slider so that I would have more options. But, unfortunately, there is no way to add short code to make that slider go full width. Text areas and media boxes will only go within the content area.The only full width options are RevSlider or the Full-width section, which only allows you to place items within the content area and will not allow the content to go from edge to edge. :(

Can anyone help me find the piece of code within the revSlider code to edit to make the transitions slow down? I'd be forever grateful! :)

Posted · Report post

You could use a hook, to position the RevSlider plugin where you like.

Also, as far as I know, one of our store devs is going to refactor the TextBox section and make it so that its full width.

Posted · Report post

I am so excited to hear about the full-width text box! I hope that it comes out soon!