Popular Posts section disappeared after upgrading 1.0.1 to 1.02

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi guys,

just upgraded from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 and the Popular Posts section in the upper right disappeared. Does anyone know the name of that section so I can add it back manually or?

The page affected is www.michaelkummer.com

Thanks Michael

1 person likes this

21 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I apologise for any confusion or inconvenience, these features are only supposed to be in the premium version of DMS. 

Posted · Report post

It's RapidTabs.  Just add it back to your template, then publish, and don't forget to separately save the template.

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob,

excuse my ignorance, I'm new to DMS, but I can't seem to find RapidTabs under "My Sections" - see screenshot. Am I looking at the wrong spot?

Posted · Report post

I think it is a PRO feature now. As I have the same. First I had it and after upgrading not there anymore. I do not have pro DMS. Also magazine style is now pro (as I look in my dashboard under Pagelines > Site

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think this is not nice to disable core features without letting us now and without the possibilty that one can see it. A lot of confusion right now

Posted · Report post

You are right, it's a PRO section now...what a bummer...

Posted · Report post

bad

Posted · Report post

DMS has two basic models.  Free, with none but core sections.  And subscription-based that includes multiple sections, which was fully disclosed pre-release. 

I've had RapidTabs all along. It didn't change or disappear for my account. See below:

[attachment=1450:8-28-2013 10-44-53 PM.jpg]

So, I'm unsure why your screen is different, unless you're looking at the wrong tab on the left side (as seen in my image, above).

I hope this helps.

Posted · Report post

Rob I've also had Rapid tabs. But now it is gone after updating to 1.02 as more functions are disabled now such as Magazine Style layout. And I saw more options greyed out when I entered v2 compatibility mode and looking in my dashboard then. Several layout options cannot be chosen right now of which I am for sure they were there in 1.01

Posted · Report post

HI,

I am not sure how you had access to them in the first place, if you're using the community (free) version, its was most likely a bug, that was fixed with an update.

Posted · Report post

Danny I had and have the free version from scratch. And now a lot of features are not there anymore.....

Posted · Report post

Those features were not mean't to be there in the first place, like I said, I have no idea how you had them in the first place. Where did you download DMS from GitHub or PageLines ?

Posted · Report post

hmmm too bad. I just downloaded DMS from the Pagelines site.....

Posted · Report post

Ok, then it has to have been some bug, which has now been fixed. I apologise for any confusion this may have caused.

I can't see how this has happened to be honest, I have several sites running the community version and I never had magazine mode or rapid tabs, starbars etc...

Posted · Report post

I had magazine layout and rapid tabs and a lot of layout features in pagelines dashboard (v2 compatibility) were there but are now not accessible anymore.

Too bad

Posted · Report post

Wow this answers a lot of questions. Ok then.

Posted · Report post

Hi Hansonexperience. - the screenshot you provided is not from DMS but from Framework. This is a separate product from DMS

Posted · Report post

Rob why is this answered? Were did go to which forum topic?

Posted · Report post

I think I had answered it in error earlier today and deleted my error.  It is in the available category.  Our categories were changed this morning and I wasn't aware of it till moments after posting.  There's no problem.