Cannot save Magazine Layout anymore after Upgrading from 1.01 to 1.02

Question

Posted · Report post

I had magazine layoiut on my blog http://www.hansonexperience.com/blog/

But now the magazine layout is gone and I cannot get it back. If I choose this layout and save and publish the result is just List Layout mode.....

41 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yeah I know, see my reply above.

I know what the cause of the issue is. I'll reply here when I have more information.

Posted · Report post

Ok. Both entering a post on the same time ;-)

Posted · Report post

HEHE yeah!

Posted · Report post

OK this is very informative - can you communicate with @Martin Davies on this subject? He is looking into this for me as well, and both of us were unaware of the "signing into my account" issue - please let him know of this bug and I'll also try what hansonexperience has tried.

Posted · Report post

I am signed into my account and this is still not working. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Posted · Report post

I have to launch my site, so for the time being I found a plugin called Site Creator Ultimate that does the job until this issue is resolved.

Posted · Report post

OK, just received confirmation that Magazine mode is a Pro feature and is the reason why it is not working when you have no Pro account/License.

The option shouldn't be visible and should actually be removed, our developers are working on a patch to resolve this.

Posted · Report post

Danny"] too bad that it is a pro feature now, It was not in 1.0.1 Hope @[member="Rob"] and @[member="Martin Davies are also aware of this right now

Posted · Report post

Kan ik misschien helpen? Of ben je er al uit...

Posted · Report post

hansonexperience - Not sure why it was there in the first place to be honest, it was most likely a bug.

Posted · Report post

jackey we zijn er al uit. Magazine Layout zit niet meer in de free version van DMS

Posted · Report post

*sigh* Martin Davies"] does not know this. Please let him know so he can stop working on this issue for me. very disappointing - it seems like a basic feature to me. @[member="hansonexperience try the plugin I mentioned earlier - it's great.

Posted · Report post

leah Yes I agree it should be a basic feature. Which plugin did you mean?

Posted · Report post

hansonexperience it's call Site Creator Ultimate - my site isn't live so I can't show you - it comes up pretty quickly in google

Posted · Report post

leah a great! But it does not support 3.6.... is it compatible with it and with DMS?

Posted · Report post

It's working for me. I decided to try it anyways, and it does work. I'm not a huge fan of plugins in general, but I like this one. Only think missing in my opinion is the ability to paginate ALL posts. It does have a pagination feature, but it did not work for me. So I sent the amount of posts shown to 10, and I have an archive widget on my side bar, as well as a category/tag cloud.