Cannot save Magazine Layout anymore after Upgrading from 1.01 to 1.02

Question

Posted · Report post

I had magazine layoiut on my blog http://www.hansonexperience.com/blog/

But now the magazine layout is gone and I cannot get it back. If I choose this layout and save and publish the result is just List Layout mode.....

41 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Magazine mode wasn't supposed to be in there in the first place, it was a bug. Thats why it doens't work at the moment, because you're using the free version. The bug is that it wasn't supposed to work in the first place and that it is currently still visible, even though it doesn't work.

Posted · Report post

Can someone please reply to this topic how I can solve this problem

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I am not able to recreate your issue, I have the latest version of DMS installed and when I choose Magazine mode and publish the changes I get my blog displayed in magazine mode ?

http://cl.ly/image/2K3z3F3B0V1p

Have you tried disabling all active plugins and see if this resolves your issues ?

Posted · Report post

All plugins disabled. Does not work. Just list mode layout :-(

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have v2 compatibilty enabled now and when I look in Site option in the dashboard I see that magazine style is PRO feature now!! Huh?

A lot more options are now grey and therefore PRO. This was not the case in earlier version!!

Edited by hansonexperience

Posted · Report post

could you take a screenshot that encompasses all the settings please? (it makes it easier to replicate if we know exactly what you are doing and with which settings) 

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies What settings do you want? From which page..

Posted · Report post

Rob"] too bad and apparantly @[member="Martin Davies does not now that as he is debugging right now my install....

You believe it is a mistake? Is this for sure as Martin Davies is debugging in another threat. Is this an official statement or what?

I think I roll back to earlier version then :-)

Posted · Report post

This is not official 

i asked our supervisors about this and these are the following premium extensions and features 

Site editing tools, for example: 
        Offsets
        Cloning
        Various options throughout
    Professional Sections
        PopThumbs
        Callout
        Masthead
        Pricing
        Rapid Tabs
        StarBars
    PageLines Link Credit Removed
    Updates to Professional Features
    Libraries and Effects
        Animations
        Transitions
    Technical Support
    Enhanced Performance and SEO
    Additional Pro Services
        300 Community Access
        Special deals and invites

Posted · Report post

Sooooo. Which is it? 

Martin Davies"] @[member="Rob"] @[member="Danny"] I guess you guys first discuss with eachother what's up. Is magazine layout a PRO feature in DMS or not. @[member="Danny"] and @[member="Rob"] says it is, @[member="Martin Davies says it is not, and according to the list above magazine style should be part of free dms version as it is not part of pro version.

yeeee Danny"] @[member="Rob"] @[member="Martin Davies what a mess....

Posted · Report post

I've removed my comments and defer to Martin's answer.

So Rob"] @[member="Martin Davies"] Magazine layout is part of free DMS version? Ok why is not working then. @[member="Danny but you stated that it is removed from free version?

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies How can we solve this problem now?

Posted · Report post

OK, there is some confusion on my part. Which has caused quite a stir. As far as I was aware, the Magazine mode would be like other previous versions of PageLines products, meaning that this option would be a Pro feature only. Similar to how Magazine mode wasn't available in PageLines Lite.

Now I have just ran a couple of tests using the free version from PageLines.com and Magazine mode is active. Therefore, firstly I apologise to anyone who got confused over this, as it seems I was incorrect in my assumption and magazine mode is still available even in version 1.0.2.

So, my only thought now is that your issue maybe tied into the fact that you have V2 compatibility active upon updating and that may be interfering with DMS options?

Can you try downloading a fresh copy and see test it on a new local setup and see if you're able to select Magazine mode please. I am still unable to recreate the issue.

Posted · Report post

Ok. That's clear now. I will download a new copy and install it on localhost.

Posted · Report post

Is Magazine mode available ?

Posted · Report post

Danny No does not work. I read this morning (but cannot find it anymore) that full width posts in magazine layout is a pro feature. Could that be the confusion? Because magazine mode can be part of free mode but when you cannot choose the number of posts it won't work.

I downloaded latest version from pagelines.com in my account, renamed the old theme, uploaded the new version and choose magazine layout and published it. No magazine layout

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvoshhrqtaoe6s7/Schermafbeelding%202013-08-30%20om%2011.19.45%20AM.jpg

Posted · Report post

OK, lets both try this, can you download the DMS from GitHub - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/releases

Select the Pre Release - 1.0.3 and see if Magazine mode is working there. It could well be a bug. I have some other things to take care of, but will run this version myself, so were both doing the same.

Let me know if it resolves your issue.

Posted · Report post

Danny found where I read it. In my dashboard > Pagelines > Why upgrade

You find the specs there of pro (see below copy/paste). And there is the line with magazine layout and full width posts. So if this feature is part of pro......
Besides this I noticed that the dashboard says: You are using Pagelines Lite Edition. See: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8t24tnnhbyupxc/Schermafbeelding%202013-08-30%20om%2011.41.29%20AM.jpg

Why You'll Love the Professional or Developer edition...

When you upgrade you get 30+ pro drag & drop sections, 200+ CMS options, SEO and social enhancements and way, way more.

The pro version way more control options. For advanced users, there is also a Developer version that supports "integrations" and WP "multisite"... To learn more see the pricing page or PageLines tour...

Some specifics:

Professional Sections In Pro Version
Flipper · ProPricing · iCallout · PopThumbs · Masthead · RapidTabs · StarBars

New Templates and Template Areas (i.e. places to put sections)
Tag · Archive · Category · Search · Author · 404 Error · Tag · Archive · Category · Search · Author · 404 Error · Morefoot Area · Sidebar Wrap

New Settings & Options
Favicon Image · Login Page Image · Mobile Touch Image · Website Watermark · Sidebar Wrap Widgets · Enable Content Shadow (Fixed Width Mode Only) · Typography - Inputs and Textareas · Use Cufon Font Replacement · Cufon: Replacement Font File URL · Cufon: CSS elements for font replacement · Nav Classic - Hide Search · Branding Section - Social Icon Position · Social Icons · FootCols Section - Logo · Clip Excerpt Mode · Clip Metabar · Full Width Posts (Magazine Layout Mode Only) · Continue Reading Link Text (When Using Excerpts) · Excerpt Length · Allow Tags in Excerpt · Enable Fixed Navigation Bar · Fixed NavBar - NavBar Logo · Current Install Class · PageLines debug · Post/Page Meta · Special Post Types · Header Scripts - HTML/Javascript · Asynchronous Analytics

Posted · Report post

Ok I will download the new version 1.0.3

Posted · Report post

OK, a little update for you, I have been using for the last few hours the latest free version from PageLines.com and have not entered my account details. I have just this moment added my account details and Magazine mode worked as intended.

Therefore, this is either a bug or it is a pro feature but for some reason isn't being disabled as a selectable option when no account details are added.

I have reported this bug to our tracker.

So again I apologise for the amount of time it has taken to resolve this, as you can imagine, it is quite confusing, because I have it working without any issue on all my other test sites which have my account details entered.

So this is why I was unable to recreate the issue when you first brought it to light. At least we know what the issue is now and as soon as I have more information, I will reply here.

Again, sorry the length of time it has taken to identify the issue, I am usually a lot quicker.

Posted · Report post

I tested with 1.0.3 and no magazine style.