Photo

Share buttons no longer picking up all the information

Facebook share buttons

Best Answer wellspringslady , 05 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

I will be upgrading to DMS - I just don't have the time to learn something new right now. And for some unknown reason my share button is working again?! so I will mark this as solved.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wellspringslady

wellspringslady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Framework Version:PlatformPro 1.5.3

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

When I use my Share button to share my latest post on Facebook it is no longer picking up the content summary and instead I get the following. It has worked fine up until now.

Required fields are marked * Type Or Paste Password Here * <​a href="" title=""> <​abbr title=""> <​acronym title=""> <​b> <​blockquote cite=""> <​cite> <​code> <​del datetime=""> <​em> <​i> <​q cite=""> <​strike> <​strong>

I tried some new buttons but they are all doing the same thing. I sent a question to the Share button plugin owner and the message I recieved was that it had to do with my theme.

Is there a way to correct this? Thanks.

Linnette

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hi Linette,

If your plugin is broken in DMS, my only suggestion is to replace it.  We cannot fix DMS because one or more plugins are broken. We're using the latest technologies available, and can't go backwards when plugin developers use older systems.   

I'm sure that the company making that plugin will catch up with us.  Meanwhile, I'd recommend using an alternative as broken plugins usually break things.  We offer multiple systems paid and free, for social media linking.

#3 wellspringslady

wellspringslady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

I am still using Platform Pro 1.6.0. Would I find a newer plugin in the store (social media linking) that would work with my theme?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

Unfortunately, and I must apologize for this, I didn't realize you were on PPro 1.60.  That's not even a supported product anymore, so none of our store products will work in it.

There are however, other 3rd party sharing plugins.  The problem you'll find though is that PPro is static, while WP is advancing, thus you can expect things to break in PPro with each upgrade. At some point, your site will completely fall to pieces, I'm very sorry to say.

You may just want to consider redesigning it with DMS.  I loved PPro, and loved supporting it, to be very honest, but the technology advances and grows.  PPro ran a good run. I'll miss it.

#5 wellspringslady

wellspringslady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:58 AM   Best Answer

I will be upgrading to DMS - I just don't have the time to learn something new right now. And for some unknown reason my share button is working again?! so I will mark this as solved.