Comment Area Just Disappeared?

Question

Posted · Report post

Creating a website and seems that out of nowhere, the comment field has disappeared when viewing one of the dummy blog posts I added.  So weird.  Did the entire "disable plugins", etc and that didn't correct it.  Not sure what happened.

Site is at:  http://football258.com/news/

Anyone else had this problem with the ability to leave a comment on a post disappears?

If you click one of the 3 posts and scroll down, there is no option to leave a comment and initially, it was showing at the bottom of the post.

James

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

hello atcdomainsolutions 

Can you send your Wordpress Credentials to hello@pagelines.com and i'll have a look into this for you. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If you've created a template and added the Comments section to the bottom of the post, did you save the publish the page AND save the template?  Did you click the refresh or recycle link before publishing?

Remember, the template used must also be global, if you want to use it for all posts. If set to Local, the change will appear on only the post where you added the comments section. Global means it appears on all posts. 

Posted · Report post

If you've created a template and added the Comments section to the bottom of the post, did you save the publish the page AND save the template?  Did you click the refresh or recycle link before publishing?

Remember, the template used must also be global, if you want to use it for all posts. If set to Local, the change will appear on only the post where you added the comments section. Global means it appears on all posts. 

Rob, that's the weird thing.  I didn't change or do anything.  I have a normal template I was applying to all other pages and then wanted to use the Home Page layout BUT the comments disappeared before that.  I don't think I have comments but the option to leave comments just disappeared.  Not sure what happened.  The option was there to leave comments and I never added the "Comments" widget BUT weird thing...since you said that, I logged in and tried to drop the "Comment" section at the bottom of one of the post below the social icons...it goes there but doesn't let me open up the editor for the comment box.  I even tried dropping a Media box at the bottom there of the post and it does the same thing...doesn't let me "mouse over" and see the icons to edit or delete, etc.  Not sure what is going on?

hello atcdomainsolutions 

Can you send your Wordpress Credentials to hello@pagelines.com and i'll have a look into this for you. 

Martin

I sent my credentials to that email address.

James

Posted · Report post

Hi James - i will take a look for you now 

Posted · Report post

James 

As a first step, please can you try to disable all non-PageLines plugins for us. Also clear your cache before doing this and disable you caching too. 

Posted · Report post

James 

As a first step, please can you try to disable all non-PageLines plugins for us. Also clear your cache before doing this and disable you caching too. 

Martin

I just went in and cleared cache and then disabled all plugins.  Comment area issue still exists.

Thanks.

James

Posted · Report post

James,

I still suspect the section isn't being saved in the template.  Also, I am not surprised about not being able to edit the comments section as this section is pulling the form from WP. 

Can you kindly provide us with a step-by-step explanation of how you add the comments section to the template?   I don't doubt you, but there may be some missing step and I'll try to replicate from your guide what you're doing to see how it goes on my site.