Two Column Section Alignment

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm creating a navbar by placing a 2-column section into the header. I placed our logo in the left section using mediabox. The right will be the navigation bar. I would like the bottom of the navigation bar to align with the bottom of the logo image. The tops are currently aligned. I'm guessing this requires css coding. I'm just not sure how to go about that in DMS.

A little guidance to nudge me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Steve

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I believe you can use the vertical-align (another great link) for the nav in the CSS/LESS input in the DMS options.

Hope that helps!

Posted · Report post

I cannot figure out what element to assign the vertical-align property to so that the navbar drops down to align with the bottom of the logo. Also, which customization method should I be using? The documentation says there are three methods: "DMS toolbar → Customize options; the Base Child theme, or the PageLines Customize plugin"

To clarify, this is how I set it up: In the DMS Header Section, I drag-and-dropped a Two-Column Section. In the Left Column I drag-and-dropped a Mediabox Section that holds the firm logo. In the Right Column I drag-and-dropped the Navbar Section. Maybe the way I set this up is the problem?

Posted · Report post

I cannot figure out what element to assign the vertical-align property to so that the navbar drops down to align with the bottom of the logo. Also, which customization method should I be using? The documentation says there are three methods: "DMS toolbar → Customize options; the Base Child theme, or the PageLines Customize plugin"

To clarify, this is how I set it up: In the DMS Header Section, I drag-and-dropped a Two-Column Section. In the Left Column I drag-and-dropped a Mediabox Section that holds the firm logo. In the Right Column I drag-and-dropped the Navbar Section. Maybe the way I set this up is the problem?

Why not just use the nav bar with the logo all in one? 

Posted · Report post

If you mean to place the mediabox and nav sections in the same full width section (Header) without the Two Column Section, I tried that. The nav menu is still top aligned to the image and I can't figure out what to apply the vertical-align property to so that the menu drops down. My logo is larger than the nav menu and its larger than 29px so I can't use the built in fixed Nav Bar.

Posted · Report post

You can inspect the navbar properties, target it with CSS  and style to your hearts content in the CSS/LESS </>CUSTOM CODE section.  

Posted · Report post

Sorry to intervene here, but the best solution is to either use Business Branding in our Shop (a premium product) or, provide a link and we'll help you with the CSS.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your help fliptheu and Rob.

Rob,

I read the Business Branding information but didn't see any mention of navigation menus as part of it. Will I be able to include navigation menus in the Business Branding Section?

Posted · Report post

You can add any menu you wish to it, even Ubermenu, which is my favorite.