Photo
- - - - -

Can't change footer after installed DMS

footer

Best Answer Jake , 27 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hi Hanne - It looks to me like it may be the old Framework branding section or a plugin of that nature that's still appearing in there, or perhaps some custom code that was entered into a text widget in the footer before upgrading. Do you have compatibility mode enabled? (via Global Options - Advanced - Enable v2 Compatibility Mode check box) If not, try that next and see if you're able to access that footer area afterwards from the v2 dashboard.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fjordnorway

fjordnorway

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to set up our blog blog.fjordnorway.com on the new DMS, but I'm having trouble with the footer that I previously edited in the old Pagelines back-office. After I installed the DMS I'm unable to find out where to edit the footer. Plus, the links in the footer aren't clickable in my browser (firefox), whereas they're clickable on my collegues browser (IE9).

Where can I edit (and/or remove) the old footer in the new DMS?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Hanne

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hello Hanne,

When you are in Chrome, and editing your site, and you've clicked the Footer, are you unable to Add Sections to it?

I have had no problem doing this with my test site.  

#3 fjordnorway

fjordnorway

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hi Rob,

I'm able to add a new footer (see screenshot), but I can't find where to edit the old one on the bottom of the screenshot (with the fjordnorway logo). The old footer was added on the page before I upgraded to DMS, and now I can't find where to edit or remove it. And the links, as I said, are not clickable on my computer..

Thanks,

Hanne

Attached Files

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hi,

I take it you're referring to the Logo, a few links and Social media icons at the very bottom. If so and if there aren't any grid lines around it, it is most likely been added via a plugin or a hook, but can you provide a link to your site so we can investigate further please.

#5 fjordnorway

fjordnorway

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hi Danny,

Thanks your reply. The link is blog.fjordnorway.com.

Kind regards,

Hanne

#6 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:57 PM   Best Answer

Hi Hanne - It looks to me like it may be the old Framework branding section or a plugin of that nature that's still appearing in there, or perhaps some custom code that was entered into a text widget in the footer before upgrading. Do you have compatibility mode enabled? (via Global Options - Advanced - Enable v2 Compatibility Mode check box) If not, try that next and see if you're able to access that footer area afterwards from the v2 dashboard.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

@fjordnorway  Jake may be on to something.  Did you upload any sections from Framework to DMS? Or use/copy a child theme from Framework in DMS?  That does look like it's something legacy from a Framework template.  It's not likely Business Branding, as Jake suggest, but a custom menu.

#8 fjordnorway

fjordnorway

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hi Jake and Rob,

Thanks for your reply - the compatibility mode worked! :) and I was able to remove the old footer.

Hanne

#9 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Excellent, glad to hear it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: footer