How do I add menu items to the navbar?

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

I saw someone from staff here saying it was under PageLines > Site Options which I don't even see as a menu in my backend. I try to add it in the customization screen by clicking on the edit button on the fixed navbar and selecting the menus from the drop-down (they are configured under the WP menus options) but they still don't show up in my navbar. This is my first day here :)

Edited by Leobons

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Somehow, the default menu created by WordPress is showing up.   That means that the menu you say you created and already saved, is not selected in the Theme Locations. In DMS, under Global Options > NavBar, the saved, named menu isn't selected either.  So, DMS is selecting the default WP menu.  Can you tell me the name of your saved, named menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus

Posted · Report post

Hi,

To assign a menu, first you need to create one - http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/adding-custom-menus

Once you have done this, goto the DMS Visual editor then drag & drop a navigation section onto your template. Once this is done, click the pencil icon (edit) for that section which will bring up that sections options, from here you should be able to configure/select your menu.

If you want to assign your custom menu to the Fixed Navbar, you will need to goto DMS Toolbar > Global Options > NavBar.

Posted · Report post

Yes that's what I'm doing. I can't add my menu items from Global Options > NavBar. How do I do that?

Posted · Report post

You're a bit confused, probably because you didn't read the link Danny provided.  Menu items are created at Dashboard > Appearance > Menus, not in DMS. 

You create the menu name, save it. Add items. Save the menu.  Then in Theme Locations you select the named, saved menu.  Then in DMS, you select it too.  Bingo, you'll have menu!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've understood Danny pretty good. I'll put the word "already" in my post so it will be clearer:

"selecting the menus from the drop-down (they are (ALREADY) configured under the WP menus options)  ".

The menus are created and they are showing in the dropdown of Options>NavBar of the Customize screen but thy are still not showing up in the navbar :(

Edited by Leobons

Posted · Report post

Thanks Rob. It just worked, I had some problems with the host so I had to do the installations all over again and it worked so I guess I don't know which exactly was the problem at the last time. I have another problem now: It won't activate the Pro account because it says I have already exceeded the maximum number of activations. It must be counting the previous activation, what do I do now? I guess I will be needing the Pro features like a different color and height for the fixed navbar.

Thanks for trying to help :)

Posted · Report post

You can manage your account via https://www.pagelines.com/my-account/

I'm glad the menu issue is fixed.