Latest DMS Zip Issue

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello everyone.  I am having some issues.  Here are my steps:

I log into My Account

Click the button that says DOWNLOAD LATEST DMS (I notice this download seems to be 3.4MB in size)

I then log into my Wordpress site, go to Themes, Install Themes, Browse to the zip file I downloaded above, and click Install

I then receive the following error (also see attached)

Installing Theme from uploaded file: dms.zip

Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

I have tried this many times and have the same result.  Is there something wrong with the dms.zip located at api.pagelines.com/dms-updates/release/dms.zip?

Thank you in advance

eholland7080

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

Can you extract the .zip and upload it dms folder via FTP to wp-content/themes/ and see if this method works. Whilst I check to see if there is an error with the zip itself.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, thank you for the reply.  I think I might know what's happening.  I know the dms.zip is supposed to be ~4.4MB in size.  The 5 or 6 times I downloaded it last night, the size varied from 3.4MB to 3.8MB.  I did try to extract it and because it wasn't the 'complete' download the extraction failed.  Right before I went to bed I tried to download it one last time and it was the complete 4.4MB zip.  I was able to upload and install that file via the wordpress-->themes in the back end without issue.

So with that said, I believe the file itself at  api.pagelines.com/dms-updates/release/dms.zip is ok, but for whatever reason the download was stopping prematurely multiple times.  I looked thru other posts and did not see where other people were having the same issue, but might be something to keep ears and eyes open for.

You can mark this one closed and I appreciate your time and effort on it.

Aside from that weirdness, loving DMS!  

Thanks

Eholland7080

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us your issue has been resolved.

Regarding the failed download attempts or incomplete downloads, I think this may be related to your internet connection. I have download DMS multiple times and haven't encountered failed or incomplete downloads, nor have any users reported such an issue except for yourself. This only leaves us with only one possible conclusion in my opinion and that is the issue may be related to your actual connection.

I would check again in a few days and try and download a fresh copy and see if it downloads correctly first time. If it does, it may have just been a routing issue.