Column Heights - Nav

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey all,

I'm trying to put in my own branding section by disabling the Fixed Navigation Bar; adding in a new full width section (padding 0); adding in two columns; adding logo (height 70) to the left column using the media box as in pageline docs; add nav to the right column.

Section min. height has been set to 70 and the media box height has been set to 70.

After previewing, the section height clearly isn't 70. There's a decent sized gap above the logo and an even bigger one below it. 

The only other thing I can think of is editing the column height but don't know how to do this?

Thanks

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

This helped me:

#header .pl-area .pl-section .pl-section > .pl-section-pad {
    margin-bottom: 0.1em;
    padding: 8px;
}

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm really not good at the coding part, which is why I decided to try dms. 

Does the above mean that you think the 'section' is the problem and this is how to get rid of the white space above and below the logo?

Do I paste this into the Custom Code section? Tried this but didn't do anything.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Hey Andy.  You should be able to set zero white space above and below the logo.  Here are some options that might help:

For Media Box - Set min height to 1px

For section height - set no minimum, make sure padding is set to zero

Remember that when you're editing the section, it will get extra white space from the editing functions, when you click the little target button on the right side of the main toolbox menu, you'll see what it will look like to a normal user.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I did the above and I'm still getting gaps above and below the logo - v frustrating. Not sure, but sounds like a similar thing to http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/29372-two-column-section-alignment/

Anybody know how?

Thanks

If it is that, maybe utilize vertical-align in CSS in the CSS/LESS option in DMS.

Hope that helps!

Posted · Report post

Still not got it - thanks anyway. All this just to put in an image (my logo) without huge gaps around it. not as user friendly as I though this would be.

Posted · Report post

can someone from pagelines have a look at the site on my profile and advise. thanks.

Posted · Report post

The code I provided you only had to be copied and pasted into the Custom Code area.

Did you try it?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Yes I did try it but took it out because it didn't do anything. I've put it back in again if you want to have a look. I don't know my code so wasn't sure if anything needed changed.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Hi andyuk - I believe the problem may be because your image appears to be wrapped in a paragraph tag <p> which when removed should solve the problem. I just went through the steps you outlined on my test site and wasn't able to replicate the issue at all so I think perhaps there is some extra coding of some sort in there that is messing things up for you. You may want to start the process from scratch and if you follow the steps as outlined here I think you'll be OK.