Photo
- - - - -

url box on menu settings not available (DMS)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Florida
  • Framework Version:2.22

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Ok. so I'm testing DMS to see if I want to make the transition sooner than later.

So on this site> 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I wanted the email and phone number that appears on the menu on the home page

54.45KB   0 downloadsto have a link (see attached pic from another site on frameworks).  Unfortunately, I cannot see this url box on the menu when working w/DMS. Or am I missing something here?

Also, I noticed the pagelines leaf is at bottom right of the site and I cannot get it removed. How can I get it removed?

And why does it show everywhere "You can not view the Hidden Content"

Thanks.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Simon, I'm not sure what you're doing.  Many in Framework and DMS have added linked phone numbers.  That's not a problem usually.  Have you considered just using Business Branding?

#3 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Florida
  • Framework Version:2.22

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

no, no. no need for business branding. Did you look at the image I had enclosed?

All Im trying to do, which I did on my previous site was to add on the main nav, the "email" and "call me"  tabs (see 1st attachement) that's it.

when I go to the menu setting(2nd attachement) you will see it has the url box, so when people click on it, it will direct them to whereever is pointing to. I did this on framework.

However, on DMS, for some reason I do not see the url box. see 3rd attachment.

Also, I noticed that when it shows the url box, the actual tab shows "custom", but it only shows "page" on DMS.  I bet is user error, but cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

How about the pageline leaf credentials, can that be removed?

Attached Files

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

HI,

DMS doesn't change anything with the Wordpress Menu system. Therefore, you most likely don't have the Links option checked under Screen Options. You may also be running Wordpress 3.6, which changed the Menu system slightly, I recommend you visit the Wordpress documentation for assistance.

The DMS leaf appears when you're using either the free version or you haven't entered your License Key in the Accounts tab.