• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Thinkvisual

Thinkvisual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

New to this forum and may not be posting in the right place!

We maintain a club website (www.theimpclub.com) that uses a base theme with Pagelines.

On the Pagelines Page options we have Features set up with 4 feature sets,  square or dot navigation mode,  static height set and fade transitions.

With Wordpress 3.5.2 this feature option worked on all pages scrolling through the images set up in the feature sets.

Upgraded to Wordpress 3.6 and the feature sets no longer scroll and the navigation dots under the feature image has disappeared though the pause button remains.

Help please.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

I think the problem is that WP3.6 added a different Javascript and changed the code used for the sets.  I'll test it tonight as I have a similar setup on my site.

#3 Thinkvisual

Thinkvisual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the help

Dave

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

You're welcome Dave.

#5 Thinkvisual

Thinkvisual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hi Rob

Have you had chance to test out your theory on your website?

I have modified my site so that some pages have a fixed feature so that I get different pictures on different pages but have left the slider option on others (e.g.http://www.theimpclub.com/about-us/).

Hope you can help.

Dave

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Dave, did you clone the feature slider section in Framework?  I've never had luck with that because the page can have trouble with the selection of sets.  In past I've always told people to use our slider, and another slide option or plugin on the page, to avoid any problems. See this: http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/

You can also use Quickslider

#7 Thinkvisual

Thinkvisual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Hi Rob

Don't understand about cloning the feature slider in Framework, etc. I am very much a beginner but this is what I did.

I set up the feature sliders as follows:

In Pagelines, Page options, Site defaults, Features I set up the defaults for all pages (Feature set, Navigation mode, max number, static height and feature transitions).

In Features I set up 8 features with a photo and text.

In Feature sets I created 4 sets using these 8 features.

In Reorder I then set a different order of these 8 features in each of the 4 sets using manual order (this was so that I could have different sliders on different pages).

Then on each page under Meta settings, Features I selected the feature set that I wanted for that page and left the site defaults for everything else.

Everything worked perfectly until I upgraded to Wordpress 3.6 so I think that I must have set everthing up correctly for WP3.5.2.

I did update some plugins at the same time but deactivating them does not correct the problem.

Dave

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

I can't see anything that would stop them.   Create an admin login and mail it to robert at pagelines.com and I'll look into it this weekend.

#9 Thinkvisual

Thinkvisual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hi Rob

Will have to get permission from the club chairman to set you up. Should not take long and then I will email you the details.

Thanks

Dave

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

No worries.