Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

pagelines DMS - activation

Question

Posted · Report post

just tried to reactivate the pagelines dms theme (coming from the new "twenty thirteen" theme) and the backend gave me these error messages:

Strict Standards: Declaration of PLGal::section_template() should be compatible with PageLinesSection::section_template() in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/responsive-gallery/section.php on line 289

Strict Standards: Declaration of PLMedGal::section_template() should be compatible with PageLinesSection::section_template() in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/twin-shot/section.php on line 396

Strict Standards: Declaration of PLMedGal::section_head() should be compatible with PageLinesSection::section_head() in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/twin-shot/section.php on line 396

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/responsive-gallery/section.php:289) in/homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 875

Any suggestions ? 

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

cannot login to site anymore:

wp-login page says:

Strict Standards: Declaration of PLGal::section_template() should be compatible with PageLinesSection::section_template() in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/responsive-gallery/section.php on line 289

Strict Standards: Declaration of PLMedGal::section_template() should be compatible with PageLinesSection::section_template() in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/twin-shot/section.php on line 396

Strict Standards: Declaration of PLMedGal::section_head() should be compatible with PageLinesSection::section_head() in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/twin-shot/section.php on line 396

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/responsive-gallery/section.php:289) in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-login.php on line 384

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/responsive-gallery/section.php:289) in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-login.php on line 396

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/responsive-gallery/section.php:289) in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 678

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/responsive-gallery/section.php:289) in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 679

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/responsive-gallery/section.php:289) in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 680

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/responsive-gallery/section.php:289) in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 875

Posted · Report post

not to mention that DMS is not IE8 compatible ...... 

Posted · Report post

Looks like you are trying to use the PageLines Framework version of that section with DMS?

Posted · Report post

I had the same suspicion and deinstalled all former pagelines themes/plugins.

But allthough the server has 90 M it tell's me the following when reactivating the dms:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 25952256) (tried to allocate 65484 bytes) in /homepages/7/d19004363/htdocs/wpTest/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/less.plugin.php on line 1249

Posted · Report post

25952256 bytes is 24.75Mb NOT 90

Posted · Report post

That's right, but 24.75 MB is less than 90 MB.

The memory_limit (just according to the php configuration) is ) 90 M

Posted · Report post

now I deinstalled:

• all other plugins and
  • chidthemes and
  • other themes
  • all articles
  • and anything else, beside the "twenty thirteen" thme, that came with wp 3.6 

All done on two sites and  with the same result (one of the sites with 256 M for PHP apps) : 

the memory error still exists .... 

I'm feeling quite not comfortable with your product  ..... 

Posted · Report post

i just deinstalled all other plugins, themes, etc.:

• cleaned up the database
  • other themes (besides the "twenty thirteen" taht came with wp 3.6)
  • child themes
  • any plugin
  • deleted any postst (beside a new made test-post)

I tested pagelines DMS on two sides (one with 90 M php limit and the other with 256 M limit):

The out of memory error message resists. 

I'm quite not comfortabel with your product and will now look for stable alternatives .

This no good product / deal to keep us all as beta testers for poorly made crap. 

Posted · Report post

Regardless of what your host has told you, you do not have 90M php limit 25952256 is less than 25M.

Posted · Report post

This was the message put out by a phpinfo-page - not the information which came from my provider. My local dev-environment is set up to 265 M ---

Since I've tested it in two totally different environments, it's up to you to explain !!!

Posted · Report post

We cannot explain every aspect of your server environment. 

Nothing in DMS should cause this if there's no plugin conflict. If there is, its your task to disable the plugins and replace broken ones. Simon has already told you that you're using Framework versions of things in DMS.  And you're using products that were broken before our crash (Twinshot).  Please clean out the installation of any Framework related products.  

I understand your frustration, but try doing this with a clean installation and without added Framework sections and with plugins deactivated. All of them. You should have no problem with that.