DMS change log?

Question

Posted · Report post

I’ve been prompted to update DMS, so I backed up then updated. But first I TRIED (and failed) to locate a change log. It’s pretty much SOP to provide a change log on new release. I often wait to do updates unless it’s fixing something I know I need fixed. I like to see if the update has caused anyone any issus.

So is there a change log and I've just not found it? Otherwise, may I respectfully suggest one be posted. Thanks.

1 person likes this

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The Github "bleeding edge" version is a version behind 1.0.2 and it still has the 0.9.7 changelog info in it so I can't find anything.

Posted · Report post

Hmmm seems like I'm wrong, I could have sworn that it said version 1.0.2 is available to download yet when it updated its 1.0.1. No matter it says 1.0.1 on the info.

Posted · Report post

So I wasn't asking what version s current, I want to see what was changed in this version. It's pretty standard to post that info. WP does it. Everyone does it.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Simon for the link. I'm finding that there are an awful lot of different places to go for PL stuff. I'll add this link to the collection.

So I just discovered a link on the DMS Docs page to ChangeLog: http://docs.pagelines.com/changelog however it's not up to date!

Posted · Report post

Sheila... you're not the only one!  I need a roadmap! :D

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Rob I would tell somebody to make more effort to diffirentiate DMS from the framework or whatever it is. I have found a lot of the DMS docs and other info gets mixed into pagelines framework and it all becomes a total blur.

Posted · Report post

I think there was a slight change, including a change in the delivery of notices (I think).

@thebastion  Yes, they've been told and they're fully aware, I promise!  I cannot however, say what they're doing about it.

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have the change log for DMS, and the docs, as a sticky here in the forum?

Of note, the link supplied to the docs change log does not cover the 1.0 and 1.0.1 updates for DMS. On github, it stops at 1.0. 

However, the change log posted here on the docs is easier for most of us to read I imagine. 

Posted · Report post

sheilahoff"] @[member="barkingsheltie"] cc @[member="Rob

Just in case you missed it:

• the changelog in DMS doc was updated by Danny within the last 24 hours (no reason why it would'nt be with next releases  :angel: );
  • it's now synchronized (amazing ;)!) with the wp-content\themes\DMS\changelog.txt shipped with DMS (at last correctly updated since 1.0.2);
  • last but not least, before updating, we can now thanks to @Simon_P  :sword: more easily identify on GitHub DMS releases their content (fixes/enhancements) including pre-releases for advanced users.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks Erwan. 

I was uploading last night, and happened to stumble across the change log here too.