Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can't delete menu nav bar

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello!

Now have a problem with DMS, or, probably, with my hands :-)

Cannot delete menu bar from header. It looks like this:

image.jpg

Also i cant change anything in this menu (like color, or align on page, or size of it), it have no changeable properties in DMS.

But i can add another menu on page. In that case it looks like this:

image.jpg

Sometimes i can add another menu in header... And there gone be two menus in header, one can be changed and that changes applies to second menu.

What i am doing wrong? 

Sorry for my english. Cheers from Russia.

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I think with compatibility mode enabled, the menu controls switch back to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options.  With compatibility off, you see the navbar in Fixed mode (top of the screen).  You can, of course, just add NavBar from the Add Sections, into the header by dragging it there. You can deactivate the fixed mode in Global OPtions > Navbar.

This will be reported.

I finally solved this. 

In compatibility mode we have Drag & Drop Template Setup, and there was added fixed menu by default. Deleting NavBars from header delete fixed navbar from site.

Thanks for your patience.

Posted · Report post

Solved with complete reinstalling WP, DMS and creating new MySQl database. Last trick solved problem.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for letting us know

Posted · Report post

I found it! It's a problem with DMS compatibility mode. If it disabled, site looks like this:

555f04405aa9e3c2db7dafe7571b96df.jpeg

If it enabled, site shows to us fixed black navbar pad with unchangeable properties...

57336092c3f5cbd45209b032d2a1db1f.jpeg

This is a bug. Pagelines, your move :)

Posted · Report post

I think with compatibility mode enabled, the menu controls switch back to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options.  With compatibility off, you see the navbar in Fixed mode (top of the screen).  You can, of course, just add NavBar from the Add Sections, into the header by dragging it there. You can deactivate the fixed mode in Global OPtions > Navbar.

This will be reported.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

The v2 compatibility mode inline docs informs you of the following:

"Note that due to the substantial amount of changes in DMS, there may still be issues. These features will be removed with DMS v3.1."

Therefore, I recommend you only enable your fixed NavBar once everything else is resolved with v2 Compatibility mode.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This will be reported.

it can not be deactivated, I tried, but this is not a problem at this time :)

Posted · Report post

Hi,

The v2 compatibility mode inline docs informs you of the following:

"Note that due to the substantial amount of changes in DMS, there may still be issues. These features will be removed with DMS v3.1."

Therefore, I recommend you only enable your fixed NavBar once everything else is resolved with v2 Compatibility mode.

It's all right, i understand, that now DMS like in global open beta-test :)

Posted · Report post

DMS isn't in a global open beta test, not sure how you come to that conclusion. As I mentioned above, the v2 compatibility mode clearly states that there may be some issues with due to the changes from PageLines Framework and DMS.

Posted · Report post

I'm happy you were able to resolve this.