Weird black background bug

Question

Posted · Report post

I have an issue with DMS that's been happening ever since I first installed it; on pages which are somewhat long, the background turns black toward the end of the page, making comments difficult to read. I've attached a screenshot of the issue.

It only happens on long pages, such as this one. I've tried it on four different PCs, three running XP SP3 and one Windows 7, and it seems this happens only in Firefox, except on the one running Windows 7, where the issue is non-existent, even in Firefox. Also, I used to have Platform before using DMS and the exact same thing happened.

Any idea about why this might be happening? Every PC I tried it on had the latest version of Firefox, in case you were wondering.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

ovidiuav I do not get the issue, I have tried it on:

Windows8 x64 Firefox 23.0.1

Windows7 x64 Firefox 23.0.1

Ubuntu 13.01 x86 Firefox 23.0.1

Posted · Report post

ovidiuav could you use your inspector or Firebug and see what class is being applied to that black area please?

Posted · Report post

I currently don't have access to any PC running XP SP3 and I won't have access for almost two weeks, so I can't look. I forgot to mention something, a portion of the black background returns to normal once I scroll down a little and scroll back up, but if I repeat the process, it turns back to black and it stays that way no matter what else I do.

Posted · Report post

ovidiuav Are you using any Viewport animations anywhere in your page?

Posted · Report post

I've never heard of that, so I don't think so. I've put a link to the page in the first post, but like I said, it only happens on longer posts, I don't know exactly how long, I can't check it now (no access to PCs running XP SP3).