Not possible to apply a template to an individual Post?

Question

Posted · Report post

In Pagelines Framework, it was incredibly easy to choose a different layout for an individual post.  All you had to do was open the post in the editor and select a different layout option in the Pagelines Meta Settings.  Your chosen layout applied only to the single post.  We used this feature all the time.

In DMS, applying a template to an individual post actually applies that template to ALL posts.  It doesn't appear possible to apply a template only to individual posts.  You can do it for Pages, but not Posts.  Are we missing something or are individual post layouts not possible with DMS?

14 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Actually, this is easier in DMS than in Framework.  Just visit the site in Chrome, while logged in, make your changes Local (so they apply to that page only) and publish.  Since its not global, the changes should only appear on that single post.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Rob, as far as we can tell it's not possible to assign a template at a local scope.  Are you saying that it is possible?  If so, please let us know where the option is.

We're aware of the ability to make section modifications in local scope, but not template assignment.

Posted · Report post

Yeah this is not possible, the only current option is to use custom post types and assign a template to each post type.

Posted · Report post

Okay,  I beg to differ.

In http://dev.epicurus.com/food-4/recipes/peach-melba/ I created a new template called Peach Melba.  Saved the template.  Made changes to the postloop, saving them as local.  Updated the template. To do that, I clicked Templates, selected the Peach Melba template, clicked the Actions drop down and selected Update Template with Current Configuration.

You can see from http://dev.epicurus.com/beverages-3/alcoholic-cocktails/sparkling-pineapple-punch/ and any other post within the test site (there are thousands) that all are the same except for Peach Melba.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Rob yeah a local change, try removing the sidebar from one of those pages and see what happens to the rest...

Edited by thebastion
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'll report it as a bug.

Posted · Report post

Rob cheers I'm sick of doing it ha ha!

Posted · Report post

Its fun! lol

Posted · Report post

Rob You get paid for it ha ha!

Posted · Report post

Rob, any word on progress for the bug report? We're holding up a re-launch due to this issue and it would be great to know the bug status so we can plan.  Thx. 

Posted · Report post

No news yet, but they don't tell me.  The process is usually to just include fixes in a new update.  1.0.2 came out today. Did you update?

Posted · Report post

Rob, yeah, I updated...but there's no changelog since 0.9.7, so I have no idea what's in the update: http://docs.pagelines.com/changelog

Do you know if there's another place where the release team puts changelog info?

Posted · Report post

No published changelog so far.  We're not hiding anything. :D  When they tell me, I promise to let you know!

Posted · Report post

Is this issue resolved?