Installing Plugins....

Question

Posted · Report post

I know there is probably a simple answer to this.  I cant seem to find how to add new plugins/sections to dms.  its not in the documentation anywhere.

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I placed the new section via ftp in my child theme. Therefore you need to create a folder "sections". Just put the new section inside of this folder.

That works great for me.

themes/

dms

childtheme/

sections/

mysection

As soon as it is integrated you will see the new section in the front end editor under "add sections" /"your sections". So you can use it.

Hope I could help?

Posted · Report post

outtareach

Yeah this is my bad, It hasn't been made that clear. I have list of things that I want/need to update for the docs and will get started on it this week.

You can see basic instructions here - http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/pagelines-store

All sections in DMS are now plugins and should be installed via the Wordpress plugin installer.

Posted · Report post

Danny"] yeah thanks,  I finally figured that out by just trying to install as a plugin.  I knew it was different in the other pagelines framework though.  This seems less confusing but I was suprised that there was no mention of plugin installation in docs at all.  @[member="onlineprofiler I see that but I have a plugin that is structured like this.

splash-box - folder

->sections folder

->php file

>another folder called splash-box

>more files

would I just plop the entire folder in sections or just part of it, all the folders in folders  are a bit confusing so not sure where to put what.