Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Moving DB and Cannot See Any Edits

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi, Really hoping someone can help because we have put a lot of work into learning DMS and getting our sorely needed new site up.

I moved my installation from a hosted service to use MAMP locally. All was working fine, and I did some changes the address so I could look at my local through my mobile. It was still working fine. Then I moved to a different network and needed to change the IP address. This time however, for some reason it looks like all my edits and changes are gone! As I go through the DB through PHPMyAdmin i can still see all my WP data and pl_settings in meta and it appears all is there and intact, but it won't load for some reason.

I've attached DB dump. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-- 

Chris

Edited by wisdomandcraft

1 answer to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Chris

Unfortunately these type of edits would be out of our initial support spectrum for the product, the moderating team aren't developers so they wouldn't be able to advise on any depth for mysql or making edits to the database. We'd usually suggest migrating by using the tools import/export option to move over your database to the new site.

However, in order to get the site displaying as before you will need to revert the changes you made inside the mysql db first to get it back to how it was. I would advise checking out this link too in case it can help - https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/wordpress_url which shows you the various places to edit in the database table for the IP address.