Photo

Change Background Color [PlatformPro]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

How can i change background color of platform pro?

#2 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:47 AM

This supposed to work:
http://bavotasan.com...kground-editor/
But it seems this theme has disabled the WordPress' feature.

#3 stefanoferruggiara

stefanoferruggiara

Advocate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

Thanks... but there's many people that say that this plugin it doesnt work well.. Also for me is important to know how change background color and not add an image! Not less important .. i buy a platform!!! is it possible that no one think about this options??? With WhiteHousePro just put a custom code it will change.. qhat about with PlatformPro???

#4 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

1. This is not a plugin but a core feature of WordPress. You just need to activate it the way described in the link. 2. PlatformPro has a Custom Code section as well. Go to the theme's setting page in the admin and click on "<> Custom Code". You need to enter your new background style in the "Custom CSS" text-box and save it. That is all.

#5 galitski

galitski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

I have tried all of the suggested changes, I have added the necessary code; if(function_exists('add_custom_background')) add_custom_background(); Which did add the function to change the background color but it does not change it. I also tried numerous plugins and they did not work.

#6 galitski

galitski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

This worked, thank you Robert .Latest reply from robert phillips (3 posts) (2 people)Workaround for background color CSS issuePosted 1 day ago by robert phillips. # Reportrobert phillips said 1 day ago @Fellow First Adopters I won't tell you how annoying this was. Didn't take long to solve, but solve it it did. Here's the deal: 1. Don't use the custom.css box. 2. Edit the Base style.css 3. This isn't elegant code, but it WILL change the background: #page {background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #e6e8e8;} change the color to suit, of course. It may be possible to shorten the line, but I'm not feeling like writing elegant code for what's apparently a very messy theme. @PageLines You ought to be paying ME to do your support. I stand by my comments in another thread on this same issue. And don't tell us "it's the weekend". You launch a buggy theme at the end of the week and almost vanish...it's not odd that us natives are restless. %%robert

#7 gnome

gnome

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

Tnks for the confirm,Kurt. Glad it helped you!

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:44 PM

I'm glad everybody is getting squared away and again know that we are working on this. Update to 1.1.0 is coming shortly and the CSS should act correctly with the update

#9 kontaktkimbabbelcom

kontaktkimbabbelcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

my background color in Platform Pro is all red, and i cant change it via background....? how do i change it ? Tjeck out my site here: http://www.kimbabbel.com

#10 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

how did you make it red in the first place? Looks like something called "eMember" is causing it.

#11 kontaktkimbabbelcom

kontaktkimbabbelcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

@arpowers, now that was funny i deleted the "eMember" files and red is now gone, thanks a million :) im a newbee at this, so i will prob. ask this forum a lot in the future :) Have a nice night. And thanks.