Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Revolution Slider won't Go Full Width

Question

Posted · Report post

I have been trying to get the REvolution slider to go full width while in the column and section area. It will not do it...It only gets bigger in height when I change the settings from auto-responsive to fullscreen. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the site I'm working on.

http://jfreemom.wpengine.com

Thanks,

Jamain

8 answers to this question

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looks like you have put the slider in a widgetized area inside of the header. Take it out and place it inside a section area on its own?

Also placing anything in the header section will make it display on every page.

Edited by thebastion

Posted (edited) · Report post

thebastion Thanks for pointing that out...I overlooked that after I had deleted the other section under the template area. Yeah I figured out the header thing about 2 hours after working with DMS...lol! But the problem still persists even after following the instructions above. The slider will not go full width for anything. It suggests using the CSS ID as the basis for the full width so I tried that as well and it was a no go. Has anybody else have a working example on a DMS site with the full width?

Edited by jfreemom

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Is this now resolved, just visited your website and the RevSlider appears to be full width.

Posted · Report post

Danny It was the Slider Revolution plugin by themepunch. It's still not working properly. The PL Rev Slider works fine, just the sizing and the difficulty of customizing the slides stuff versus the ease of use of the Slider Revolution was my reason for trying to use the Slider Revolution plugin. In the compatibility section, they said they had it working with DMS.

Posted · Report post

jfreemom

Can you send me the plugin, as I don't have access to it, with it being a premium plugin. Once I have the plugin, I can test it for you.

danny at pagelines dot com

Posted · Report post

Danny It's been sent! Thanks for your help with this.

Posted · Report post

OK, the slider does work, but making it full width isn't going to be as easy as adding the code to a section. At this moment in time, we do not have a section that allows content to be full width expect for our version of RevSlider.

So what we can try and do is use CSS to remove the content width for that area and make the Slider 100%. If you can provide the page where the RevSlider plugin is active, I can take a closer look.

Posted · Report post

Just a little update for you.

One of our store developers ETCook, has kindly created a new section called FullBox which is based on the TextBox section. Its basically, a full width TextBox, which is powerful as you can add your sliders shortcodes to the FullBox section and make your slider full width.

Its a free download and is available here - http://etc.bz/R6Rn

Simple install it as a plugin, active it and then go to the DMS Toolbar > Add Section and click the Reload Sections button, then Boom, FullBox is activated. Enjoy!

Props goto ETCook - http://www.etc.io/