Photo
- - - - -

Slide in Contact form

contact form slider

Best Answer Rob , 18 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

@tinpeas

Yes, its unfortunate that companies, government agencies and bureaucracies can't update past XP in so many cases. Unfortunately, writing code for IE8 and earlier versions isn't made difficult BY us, but FOR us.

We want everyone to see sites built in DMS. Unfortunately, it's not possible.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hi Guys

I am wondering has anyone come across a tabed form that will slide in from the edge of the browser when the user clicks the tab. I have tried a few but am getting varying degrees of issues depending on what browser I am using. I just need some kind of sliding draw if the form doesn't come with it but I can't find anything suitable.

IE 8 is causing me the biggest issue, I have my Pagelines site all working in 8 but I just can't find a plugin that works well with IE8 at all.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

Cheers

Gary

• assomibatrifs likes this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15145 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hi Gary,

I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're trying to do, you want a tabbed slider for a contact form ?

Can you provide more information and/or a link to a working example please.

#3 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hi

I am after someone like this 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but that looks a bit more professional. I was going to use this http://sixtyonedesigns.com/ (slider on the side) but it doesn't work in Firefox (the tab gets stuck open) and it doesn't work very well at all in IE8.

The client is looking for IE8 Compatibility which I have managed to sort with a bit of CSS and the Google compatibility scripts but I think the scripts are causing a conflict in Firefox.

Thanks for any help or alternative options you can offer me.

Cheers

Gary

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15145 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

HI Gary,

For functionality like that you will need to use a plugin, something like this isn't possible out of the box with PageLines. However, you mind have difficulty finding such as plugin or script which is compatible with IE8. 

I would recommend you contact your client and inform them that IE8 is a old, poorly designed and not very secure browser and suggest them upgrade to a proper browser such as Chrome.

I know this may sound harsh, but IE8 straight up sucks, it doesn't even support HTML/CSS3, so your client isn't even viewing the internet has it is supposed to be viewed these days.

#5 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

I know buddy and I totally agree, the problem isn't the client its the users. The clients current site gets around 20% of its visitors from IE8, its a corporate thing so they are still using XP which as you no will only support IE8 or lower, grrrrr!.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:35 PM   Best Answer

@

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Yes, its unfortunate that companies, government agencies and bureaucracies can't update past XP in so many cases. Unfortunately, writing code for IE8 and earlier versions isn't made difficult BY us, but FOR us.

We want everyone to see sites built in DMS. Unfortunately, it's not possible.

#7 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'm with you 100% buddy, people using ancient browsers make life a nightmare. Every bloody job I do is the same, there is always some kind of IE related issue that takes hours to fix and eats into the budget massively. We need someone like Google to make their website inaccessible in earlier browsers, that would do the trick. 

I don't understand why you would want to use an XP PC anyway, I have a reasonable one upstairs that I use for testing and its like pulling teeth using the bloody thing, SLOW!

Cheers

Gary

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

I agree.  Not much we can do about it though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contact form, slider