Text in Footers

Question

Posted · Report post

I added a three-column layout to the footers section. How do I add content to those columns?

1 person likes this

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You can drag the "Widgetizer" or "Columnizer" inside the footer and then create some custom sidebars for widgets. Can also just drag the one, two or three column widget into the footer and then drag other elements into to column widgets... Like media box, text box, nav menus, etc.

Posted · Report post

Hi!  Yes I dragged the "Columniizer" into the footer, then created a Sidebar made up of 4 Text boxes. Seems to be ok but do you know how to change to smaller font?

http://www.leftcoastlogic.com/smartday/

Looks like I'm just across the pond from you.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ah, right! Beautiful day out here today!

Well, you can add some basic custom CSS and name it something unique and add that class name to the widget box that has the text you want to change. You would need to add the custom CSS code in the CSS Less box for font-size and then name it a unique class name and then add that class name to to Style Class (belive that is what the area is named) inside the options area of most sections/widgets that contains the text you want to change.

Posted · Report post

I'm so glad that CSS isn't considered to be "code"  :P

I'm not familiar with creating classes, unfortunately. Guess I'll have to just use html for the time being.  My problem is, I run a company and really don't have much time for creating special css script. One would have thought that the Columnizer, which is designed for footers, would have a built-in class for the smaller-size fonts that are the norm for footers in most web sites.

Posted · Report post

If you don't want to use CSS, I recommend you add a Column Layout section to your Footer area and then drag and drop the TextBox section to your footers column area. Add your HTML to the TextBox section which also includes a text alignment option and font size option. You can then change the width of the TextBox section using the increase/decrease width options and then clone the TextBox, to create multiple columns.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks, Ninja. I actually started out that way by adding a 3-Column container to the Footer section, but then I couldn't figure out how to add text / HTML.   There seemed to be no place to actually add/edit. For example, you can edit the main body by clicking on "Edit Page" within WP, and you can edit he "look" of the columns from within DMS, but how do you actually add content to the columns in the Footer?  It's probably simple once you know how, but the documentation doesn't cover this.

Edited by leftcoastmichael

Posted · Report post

AH OK, you seem to be slightly confused.

The Columns are there for you to create your layout. Then you need to populate these layout columns with sections that allow you to add content.

So, for example, lets say you have added a column section to your footer and have reduce the size and add more column sections to your footer, creating a three column layout.

Now, go to DMS Toolbar > Add Sections and then drag and drop the TextBox section to one of your columns. Once added, you should see a Edit icon (Pencil) for both the Column itself and the TextBox, click the Edit icon for the TextBox, it will load up some options such as Title, Content, Font size etc...

Add your content to the TextBox.

Column Sections are used to create your layout, TextBoxes, MediaBoxes etc... are for you content.

Hope this helps.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the clarification.  I see that Text Box actually has no editing capability (compared to Post and Page editing: font style, weight, etc).   Do I have to apply CSS or HTML code to this? 

Posted · Report post

It picks up Global Typography by default. If you want to edit and change that, then you use unique classes or IDs and Custom Code.

Posted · Report post

cake.jpg