Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Where has the Support and Framework Gone?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glennyboy

glennyboy

Advocate

• Members

• 264 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hi

Not much to say here.

Been a loyal user of Pagelines for a relatively long time now and as well as finding the site almost impossible to navigate the site and support is now really poor. Seems impossible to contact Pagelines directly about anything. 

Also whats the deal with dropping anything to do with Framework? This is not an old product by any means and we have plenty of sites on this that are now unsupported. Not good.

Wondering what I've been paying for right now?

Regards

Glennyboy

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Glennyboy,

I don't mean to be rude, but it would be perhaps a bit better if you read the pinned posts at the top of the Technical Support forum before making such statements.

Framework support, to be very clear, is NOT ENDED.  Not by a longshot.  We have no plans to close it or stop supporting it in the short term.  It will last more than a year from now before it comes close to its EOL (End Of Life).  We have stated repeatedly (I know this because I've typed it a gzillion times) that it will continue receiving upgrades and security updates as and when needed, just as it did before DMS was released.

To correct your mistaken statement, no one has announced, stated or commented that Framework support is ended. I don't know where you're getting that idea but either you misread something or you're reading someone else's mistaken complaint. Where do you get this from?

Also whats the deal with dropping anything to do with Framework?

As I answer about 50 Framework support topics every day, I take offense to the notion that support is unavailable or that it's impossible to contact anyone.  Our billing/accounts department is still a bit underwater, but only a day behind at this point. 

Clearly you're out of the loop so let me enlighten you.  On July 23rd, one day before we were to release DMS our site was hacked.  Restored, it was hacked again at exactly the moment we released DMS on the 24th.   That second hacking did serious harm and caused us to have to rebuild volumes of APIs.   Our store went down and is just coming back.   All our backend systems had to be rebuilt or replaced. 

You really, really should read our blog and our forum postings. It might clarify for you some of your misconceptions and mistaken ideas of what's happening.

Thanks.

#3 glennyboy

glennyboy

Advocate

• Members

• 264 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hi 

Thanks for your response and for clarification.

Can I just say that I have been following your blog where possible and when not working on my own business. I haven't much time to avidly follow things and would rather that they were just clear, that they worked as anticipated and met expectations. I did however note that in the run up to launch there was a lot of discussion and here-say on DMS - that's a root of much confusion to a number of folks here.

Regarding support for Framework I was referring to the difficulty in finding direct support on your site and the apparent pulling of Framework plugins from the store and indeed Plugins being superseded by DMS versions. I also understand that a DMS version of the plugin sits in 'plugins' and that Framework plugins have to be re-referenced from 'sections' - is this not wholly correct?

Please don't take 'offence' to general feedback whether or not it is based on misunderstanding as the misunderstanding comes from a lack of direct communication. As above do appreciate that we can't always follow forums etc. Emails would perhaps be a much better way to engage with your users on DMS, what you get etc and also what's happening with your other product lines.

To be honest I'm still confused as to what I get on 'Developer' subscription......

Regards

Glennyboy

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

We didn't pull products from the Framework store. It was broken by the hacking, the APIs destroyed and needing rebuilding, Most have been fixed lately, though not all.  Some have experienced difficulties with WP 3.6, others still are in the works to be made useful in both DMS and Framework. 

Live chat was not stopped but was down for some time and is no longer moderated. Support documentation for DMS is available,  Framework docs are where they were at http//support.pagelines.me/docs  and the tools are still at http://demo.pagelines.me/tools

There was a massive backlog at hello@pagelines.com, but they're getting back to normal.  As you can see by the lateness of this reply, for which I humbly apologize, the forum has been comparably backlogged.  Some of us haven't had a proper day off in well more than a month, including myself.

Rest assured I'm not offended, and I agree with email, though people ask us to communicate everything by email.  Unfortunately, when one is overloaded, writing a broadcast email is the least thing on one's mind, compared to ensuring everyone gets a reply to their topics and systems are restored after a crisis.

#5 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

I purchased DMS one week ago and have spent countless hours this week just trying to install and get it up and running. It still doesn't work and my web site has crashed and I can't get on to my admin page to even change back to Framework theme. ..... Support has been little or of no help - seems like Danny is the only guy working here. I am now totally uninterested in spending yet more and more hours in trying to find the cause/s of why it doesn't work and have requested a refund. I expect that when I purchase something for a re occuring $192 per year that it will work out of the box - (to a certain extent).

I agree with Glennyboy. Support has definitely worsened. Currently as I write this there are only 2 persons online for support. I have always been impressed by the feedback and level of support on the forums and have been very disappointed by a lack of responses to my recent questions on how to get DMS running. 

You list Framework docs available at http//support.pagelines.me/docs but hey guess what, there is no apparent way to navigate to this from the home page ! (maybe I missed it but then doesn't that say something that I missed it and it's not so 'bleeding obvious' as it should be). Believe it or not Rob the reason we buy these products is because we don't have time or the knowledge to navigate through endless amount of links to find what should be in front of our faces in the first place. If we could do what you guys can do we wouldn't be buying this stuff.

I agree with Glennyboy (which I think he was very polite about) that basically we have other jobs and can't follow everything you guys write and spread about on the webpage. Or do you agree that Arthur Dent shouldn't have complained about the Earth being demolished because the plans for an intergalactic highway had been in the public library of another planet for a while and nobody had complained about it ?

Rob you say above that you are not offended but in your previous post you write "I take offense to the notion that support is unavailable....." 

I work 7 days a week and mostly 16hours a day so comments like "Oh we didn't have a 'proper' day off for a month" really don't make sense and basically just makes it sound like you guys really don't have everything in order. If you were swamped with so much work because of DMS then quite simply:

1) You didn't ensure the product was properly built in the first place or

2) Pagelines didn't ensure extra anticipated help was in place before offering the product or

3) A mixture of both

For instance I wasted 2 days trying to get the Visual Editor to work after installing DMS. I received a short reply from Rob saying it would be a plugin issue. After spending yet more time deactivating plugins (I live in China and the internet is very slow so deactivating 20 plugins takes nearly one hour) it still didn't work. Danny suggested that I check the Wordpress version and make sure it was the latest. Turned out it wasn't and after updating the Visual Editor worked. Would really have saved a lot of time and effort and frustration if the guys in the know had made a shortlist of essentials to have before installing DMS and to note the version of Wordpress. 

I have read a lot of excuses about this and that ..... but an excuse is not a valid reason.