Navbar does not display on small screens

Question

Posted · Report post

Guys,

When I go to http://nakedalm.com/ and reduce the width on ie11, or use by Windows Phone 8 I get the follwing when hitting the three lines.

08.16.2013-08.19.png
Figure: IE 11

08.16.2013-08.22.png

Figure: Windows Phone 8

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

To say that's very odd is an understatement.

This it turns out is a design issue.

In IE on my mobile, the text link is grey on a grey background.  If I click it, I get the links. In Firefox on the same phone, the background is black with grey text, so it shows up.

I think you need to use some browser-specific CSS to fix the background of the menu in IE to black.   See http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/browser-specific-css

Posted · Report post

Rob,

I have looked at that and not only is the background currently set to black which is being ignored there are no links rendered... it is not that the links are the same color as the background its that they are not there... :( 

-MrHinsh

Posted · Report post

I beg to differ. I was able to go to the position of your first link even though it was invisible, click it and was taken to the link.  It even displayed a change of background color for the link on click.

As I said, using browser specific CSS will allow you to change the color of the background of the menu.  You could also check the background color of your site, if any.  Essentially, the menu works fine, except for that color issue. 

I agree that the background color may be set to black, but that browser is not accepting that setting, and it's rendering it as grey. Thus you need browser-specific CSS to force that browser to display black.

Posted · Report post

Has this been fixed yet in the base pagelines? The base navbar control out of the box should really support the 2 major browsers. I should not need to do browser specific CSS for major browser support. Would your developers be able to fix this?

Currently NavBar does not support IE10 / 1E11 or IE on Windows Phone. 

Posted · Report post

I haven't heard anything yet.  I'll report it again.

Would you kindly test something for me?

Please modify this custom code you have

#supersized {
  background-color: #E8E8E9;
}

to

#supersized {
  background-color: #C00000;
}

That color is a dark red.  If you view the site in IE on a mobile device, this color will pick up as the background of the menu most likely.  If the font of the links is grey, as I suspect, then it will display clearly on a red background.  Please snapshot everything with the red background or leave it there for me to view it tomorrow (Sunday).

Thanks.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I made the change that you said and this was the effect:

1. Windows \ Chrome - Page background turned red, menu still black and has links
  2. Windows \ IE - Page background unchanged, menu still gray and no links (no hover hand change either) - http://screencast.com/t/2j71wFWKn
  3. Windows Phone \ IE - Menu background went red and no links still. 

p.s Thanks for reporting it again... this one is a little weird...

Posted · Report post

Hi,

So are you saying that the Mobile menu isn't working on IE10 or IE11 ?

This is the first I have heard about it to be honest, also, I wouldn't say IE was a major browser ;)

I am unable to test this at this moment in time. Therefore, can you remove all custom code, CSS, hooks etc.. and try again. If the issue persists, please make an issue on our tracker - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues

Posted · Report post

"Currently NavBar does not support IE10 / 1E11, or IE on Windows Phone. "

Yes I am indeed saying that the Mobile menu is broken on the above.

IE still has 34% market share. For sure Chrome wins but IE is a very secure Major Browser.

DONE - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/382

Posted · Report post

Thanks for reporting, we have labelled this as high priority.

Posted (edited) · Report post

hello,

i report the bug too.(on IE AND Opera )
And for example the old navbar from pagelines worked perfectly in responsive mode.
the menu was accessible from my nokia E72.
The DMS 's navbar didn't display anything on nokia E72 with Opera mobile up to date.

My personnal website "work in progress" :  pc449.com
which has navbar.

So for waiting, I install ubermenu to try.
But there is an issue with.

Edited by rozman49

Posted · Report post

Hi,

To use the Ubermenu section that is free in DMS, you must first purchase Ubermenu from CodeCanyon.net.  Did you purchase Ubermenu?