Do you have Projects version 1.3.1?

#3 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS Latest

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, just purchased and downloaded today.

I can give you wordpress access if that helps?

Stuart

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

Hey Stuart,

Just wanted to make sure you got the right file. Did you get a section file or plugin file?

#5 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

I just downloaded the link that was shown after the order went through.

I installed it as a plugin.

This appeared to be the only option. I kind of assumed purchased stuff would get added to DMS automatically if your account details were entered, but found a quick tut on the docs pages.

I have just about configured everything else ok I think, but under no circumstance will the filtering work. And we tried lots of things! As the original post said, all plugins were switched off and still no joy.

As an aside, it would be a handy feature to be able to turn off the bit that drops down and just have the images link.

Cheers

Stuart

Edited by thebastion, 17 August 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#6 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Any news on this.

#7 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

@beardedavenger after messing with this for a while is there any way to remove the annoying scroll bar for content that does not even need to scroll as it looks terrible? Or an option to simply have the initial image links open their relevent page instead of having to deal with the gallery?

I have managed to sort out the terrible problem when you open a project and the text in the opened box starts overlapping anything underneath it and also spent hours finding an image that would resize correctly inside of the new project window that opens. The advisory comments within the plugin were a bit too simplified regarding the 600x400 image size, you did not say that the image floats within that area and there will be a lot of clipping throughout the resolutions.

Anyway do you have any help on the filtering not working yet?

Cheers

Stuart

#8 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

OK pushed 1.3.2 so you should be able head into my-account and download updated version from there.

Nick

#9 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hi Nick,

Update installed and the filter works to a degree.

Does the plugin not allow a single project to belong to multiple Categories?

#10 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

It's supposed to, yes. It's been this for a long time, but it seems something else has changed in DMS from Framework. Patched this, and pushed. Projects is now at 1.3.3.

#11 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

That seems to have done the trick.

Any comment on other questions above?

#12 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

.. is there any way to remove the annoying scroll bar for content that does not even need to scroll as it looks terrible?"

- sure you can adjust that width CSS

Or an option to simply have the initial image links open their relevent page instead of having to deal with the gallery?

- right now it's a gallery

I have managed to sort out the terrible problem when you open a project and the text in the opened box starts overlapping anything underneath it 

- do you have a link to this issue? Not familiar with anything like this

#13 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Cheers Nick.

This is the scroll bar I'm reffering to:

scroller.jpg

How would changing the width make any difference? Also changing the overflow-yscroll; seems to do nothing?

I guess you mean you have no intention of the making a gallery then pressing cancel to make a gallery? Is there an option to have it look like it does but without opening the little ajax type box but instead go straight to the actual full page project? Maybe I'm missing something here but it always opens that ajax style window.

This is the overlap I'm on about:

overlap.jpg

#14 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Ahh ok so the height needs a tweak when mobile. Cool thats easy. You never mentioned mobile or small screen. It's already overflow-y:scroll. You're probably looking for auto.

"I guess you mean you have no intention of the making a gallery then pressing cancel to make a gallery?"

What do you mean by this? The process of creating teh gallery is a Wordpress thing, nothing to do with  a pageLines extension.

"Is there an option to have it look like it does but without opening the little ajax type box but instead go straight to the actual full page project? Maybe I'm missing something here but it always opens that ajax style window."

No this section isn't setup that way. There is no single project template.

#15 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Yeah I can sort the height, I just thought that is being sold as responsive actually meant that it would be responsive?

For some reason none of the CSS the overflow seems to stick even with !important:

.ba-single-project-details .ba-single-project-details-inner .ba-projects-content {
    overflow-y: auto !important;
}

It's not a plugin or cache issue as thats all been turned off. Have you got any idea why?

The process of creating the gallery is a wordpres thing but if you decide to cancel the gallery half way through you end up with duplicate images. Also pressing cancel to insert the gallery is a bit wierd.

No worries anyways I have tested it and know how it works now. It would be a nice idea to add the option to open the post instead of the window.

One major annoyance is the way the 600X400 images resize throughout responsive resolutions but I guess thats a Wordpress thing again?

Cheers for the update to fix the filtering.

Stuart

#16 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

I really don't understand what the attitude is for, and there's certainly no reason for you to be snarky at all.

It's responsive. Just because there happens to be a small bug, doesn't not make it responsive.

"The process of creating the gallery is a wordpres thing but if you decide to cancel the gallery half way through you end up with duplicate images. Also pressing cancel to insert the gallery is a bit wierd."

There is no mention, anywhere in the directions, of pressing cancel to insert the gallery images. You upload them to the post, and wordpress saves them as attachments. 

#17 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

I think you are maybe taking it the wrong way Nick I'm not giving you attitude, you would know if I was ha ha! I'm sure you are overun with DMS issues yourself.

Anyway I was just pointing out some things that I thought you should know about.

About the cancel thing I mentioned, you are correct you dont mention press cancel but any normal user would press the "Insert gallery" not the close/cancel button.

By the way pressing cancel does the same as pressing close, it still inserts it into the gallery so if you didnt want to use that gallery you still get it.

• Project Gallery: Create a new gallery, attached to this post. If using Wordpress 3.4, upload a gallery, and click "save changes." Do not insert the gallery. If using Wordpress 3.5: 

1. Click "Add Media" button.
    2. Click "Create Gallery" on left.
    3. Using the dropdown under Media Library, select "Uploaded to this post".
    4. Click the "Create a new gallery" button on the bottom right.
    5. DO NOT insert the gallery. Instead, simply click the "x" to close out the box.

Anyway thanks for the quick replies and good luck.

Stuart

#18 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

You are going to hate me now but.

Which is the latest plugin that has installed because it seems like your update does not remove the old version but simply adds a new folder with the same name and a number to it?

In my plugins folder I have "projects" and "projects1" folders both containing your plugin since the update.

Anyway I have tried hacking the core files of your plugin because no css seems to affect the scrollbar. I commented out line 177 in the style.less file in both plugin folders and it still has no effect? That scroll bar will not go away.

Thanks

Stuart

#19 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

Did you install both of them? The only way that would happen is if one of them was still there.

#20 thebastion

thebastion

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Ignore. A mix up between me and a colleague. Just changed the original folder name on upgrade in case something went wrong. It wasn't communicated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Projects, Projects Filter, responsive