Photo
- - - - -

Can't change the site width

width

Best Answer LukeB , 29 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

From my testing I think it was related to cloudflare rocket loader which attempts to load JavaScript asynchronous. Maybe this will help anyone using the same setup.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hi I am using the latest version of Pagelines Framework and WordPress.

For some reason I can no longer adjust the my sites width within the layout editor. I am not entirely sure when this started happening but it is definitely in the last couple of weeks.

My site suddenly started ignoring whatever I had set in the layout editor and it reverted to a more narrow width than I had originally set.

My site URL is:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

Luke,

It may be a plugin conflict (most likely) or just an issue with an API that hasn't been updated.  I'm guessing the plugin issue is where we should go.

When you set the width, either by using the sliding width option or setting the numeric value below it, then save, it doesn't stay?

First, do you have a cache plugin? If so, clear the cache, then deactivate it.

Then, deactivate all the non-PageLines plugins. Test it.  If it works, then one of the plugins you deactivated is the problem.  To isolate it, reactivate one plugin at a time (leave a cache plugin to last), test the width and save.  If you don't have a problem, move on to the next one.  If you do see a problem, then that last re-activated plugin is the one causing the issue.  You'd have to replace it.

• LukeB likes this

#3 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Setting the width by using the sliding width option does not make it take effect on the actual site. I have set a width of 1012px but as you can see on the site it is only 980px.

Sorry I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say setting the numeric value below it?

I cleared the cache and I deactivated all plugins but the issue remained.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

HI,

I have just checked my PL Frameworks test sites and I can change the width without any issue. Therefore, it is most likely related to either your plugins or a custom script you have added.

Can you disable all active plugins, remove all custom code/scripts and then enabled debug mode please.

PageLines > Site Options > Advanced, once enabled, reply and let us know, then we can check the issue further.

• LukeB likes this

#5 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:43 AM   Best Answer

From my testing I think it was related to cloudflare rocket loader which attempts to load JavaScript asynchronous. Maybe this will help anyone using the same setup.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

OK, thanks for informing us, we appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: width