Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Home Page Does Not Appear In Fixed NavBar

Question

Posted · Report post

Thanks in advance everyone! I love the product and the support for it has been great! 

My "home" page does not show up in the fixed navbar at the top of the site. I have WP configured to display the "Home" page, and selected another page for the blog posts in WP's settings. Is that the reason why? And if so, is there a way to remedy this? Some of my clients are having a hard time making it back to the home page. The link for home shows up on the footer...but not on the fixed navbar. 

Any insight would be deeply appreciated. 

Again, thanks! You guys rock! 

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Oh! Forgot to mention that I'm running the latest version of DMS. I updated it today. ;)

Posted · Report post

I believe they're aware of this, but I will remind them.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Rob! I deeply appreciate it!

Posted · Report post

Just out of curiosity, the menu you selected for the fixed navigation... does it contain a custom link to the home page labeled home or are you just creating this menu on the fly from pages?

Posted · Report post

Hey, Rob! 

The fixed navbar does not have any custom links. I went with the "stock" navbar that comes with DMS and created the pages in Wordpress. 

Again, thanks, my friend! 

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You need to create a custom Menu and assign it to the FIxed NavBar, which can be done in the Fixed NavBar options ~ DMS Toolbar > Global Options > NavBar > Configure Menu.

Posted · Report post

Hey, Danny! 

I created another menu from scratch, and your fix worked like a charm! Many thanks, guys! The navbar at the top of the site works great now! 

However, for some reason, when I went to the config page, two "Home" pages were listed. This is before I created the new menu. I noticed this on the site, the navbar at the bottom of the page had two "Home" pages. One "Home" at the left, and one "Home" on the far right. So, I removed the second entry from the default layout--again, this is before I created the new menu--and it vanished from the site's bottom navbar, leaving only one "Home" link, as it should. 

I then created the new menu, and ensured there was only one "Home" page in the list, and updated the settings and refreshed. The top menu is fine, works great, however, now I have two "Home" page links on the bottom of the page's navbar again. And there is only one entry I made in my custom menu for "Home." Help! LOL

Any insight would be deeply appreciated, my friends. Thanks! 

The only other info I can think of is that the bottom navbar had two "home" entries since I installed DMS. IE: the default layout. And I'm currently running the latest version of DMS. I updated the site Friday. Thanks!