Pagelines Purchased Items and DMS

Question

Posted · Report post

I have bought some items (plugins, sections) from PageLines store. Why I do not have access to them in DMS?

14 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Sourena,

Did you purchase via http://www.pagelines.com/shop or via the Add More Sections in DMS Toolbar?

Posted · Report post

Via http://www.pagelines.com/shop. Actually from within the theme's setting page. Now when I check my DMS I see them with a price tag again. 

Posted · Report post

Go to your account at http://www.pagelines.com/my-account and make sure everything you've paid for is there.  If not, the question arises whether you have multiple accounts and are making the purchases under one account, but using a different one for DMS.

Let me know what you see when you login there, and if your purchased sections for DMS are listed.

Posted · Report post

Gentlemen,  I'll ask our developers.  Meanwhile, let's make sure everything's in the correct accounts by writing to hello@pagelines.com and include your account info, purchases of DMS products and receipt numbers.  They can check accounts and guide you best.

Unfortunately, I don't handle billing, accounts or purchasing issues.

Posted · Report post

Nothing I purchased is there. Everything is gone. I send an email to "hello@pagelines.com" to see if this issue could be fixed.

Posted · Report post

Rob

This issue really does need fixing.

I sympathise with you for being on the front lines.. and this is nothing personal. I just hope Andrew and the section developers get the message and fix the problem.

As things stand - unless I've radically misunderstood - people like myself who spent money on PL2 sections and plugins are now expected to buy them again if we want to use them with DMS. In some cases the price has even gone up for the DMS version.

Surely it would be reasonable for the developers to grandfather their sections and plugins - items that were purchased from them as recently as two months ago on the expectation they had a much longer lifespan. It's not enough to say they still work on PL2. That's a deprecated platform. We were NOT given to understand the platform had such a short life-expectancy when we bought the add-ons - and we since accepted at face value assurances that as previous customers we'd be looked after (In my case I bought the dev licence for c. $200 in April 2013 and kept up monthly subs to the Plus scheme - as well as buying extra sections and plugins).

Grandfathering those add-ons that are back in the shop for DMS would solve much of the problem. The others... well, I guess we'd just have to accept they were a wasted investment.

Alternatively, Andrew could negotiate something with the section/plugin developers and give previous purchasers of PL2 add-ons a credit for the amount they invested, to be spent on current premium DMS addons.

PS. Incidentally, I have gone to my Launchpad (http://launchpad.pagelines.com/member.php) and downloaded some of the sections there (eg Accordions and Accordy Slider) that currently appear in the DMS shop. But they do not seem to work in DMS - unless that's a mistake at my end, in which case I apologize. I've uploaded them to the sections folder in a fresh DMS installation. They don't show up as sections - only the new versions, with price-tags attached, are visible.

Posted · Report post

Please forgive me, I've written this twenty times this week, and it's Sunday - first day of the week.

If you've purchased a product for Framework and it has been updated to DMS, it will be in your account for DMS. 

No one is going to ask you to purchase the same product twice.  If the developer of a 3rd party product releases a replacement that requires purchase (a very rare possibility)  our billing office will be able to credit your previous purchase in a specific way and let you have the new product on that credit.

We are not unfair to people and will not force anyone to buy again, anything you've already purchased.

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob

That is the clearest statement i've ever seen on the topic.. and I just checked again and lo and behold sections previously with a 'for sale' sign that I'd ppreviously purchased are now in my stash.

Thanks for fixing this.  :thumbsd:

Posted · Report post

I purchased for DMS, but not works and not appear in my sections, and I mailed to hello@pagelines.com but I don't have an answer....... :growl:

Posted · Report post

Rob I write a mail at hello@pageines.com, and you say the answer? Read here:

Martin Davies replied:

HellO Clodis

Thanks for your email

In order to properly assist you, we ask that you post your question in our support forum at http://www.pagelines.com/forum/.

PageLines email support is for pre-sales, billing, and account related questions. The PageLines forum provides personal support for our customers and is manned by real PageLines technicians and developers.

Forum support is to be used for any technical questions related to PageLines products, third party plugin questions, customization support, and more.

We are unable to give technical support help via email, however our forum representatives are available to help you with any technical questions. Plus, by asking your question in the forum, it may help other users in the future.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Martin

PageLines Experience Team
http://www.pagelines.com

"A Better Way to Build Websites"

Posted · Report post

Hi Clodis,

The original email you sent in did make it sound like a technical issue more than an account issue, which is why you recieved the response to post onto the forum. Speaking to Rob and seeing the rest of this thread I can see the issue you describing :-)

The DMS store won't show the purchased sections like the Framework does. It works in a different way. You'll need to download the products from your account and install manually into your site. The DMS store doesn't automatically install and show the products as purchased like the framework did, it's using a different system. So even after you buy the items, if you view the store in DMS you'll still see them display as if you were going to buy them. Once you install manually, you'll see the sections get added to the 'your sections' tab.

Posted · Report post

Surely it would be reasonable for the developers to grandfather their sections and plugins - items that were purchased from them as recently as two months ago on the expectation they had a much longer lifespan. It's not enough to say they still work on PL2. That's a deprecated platform. We were NOT given to understand the platform had such a short life-expectancy when we bought the add-ons - and we since accepted at face value assurances that as previous customers we'd be looked after (In my case I bought the dev licence for c. $200 in April 2013 and kept up monthly subs to the Plus scheme - as well as buying extra sections and plugins).

Grandfathering those add-ons that are back in the shop for DMS would solve much of the problem. The others... well, I guess we'd just have to accept they were a wasted investment.

As 3rd party devs, we have NOTHING to do with this. Our products were all updated, and ready for DMS on July 24th of last month. The issues you have been experiencing, we have zero control over.

Posted · Report post

@ James, maybe you had to explain it before, as well as where to install what you buy, via ftp.
It is also not yet clear when we have updated versions of sections bought for pagelines2, 4, those which you download from the launcher mostly do not work.
@ Beardedavenger, in fact, we buy by PageLines store and they have to respond to customers, we forgive the initial problems, now it's been a month, but apart from Rob and Danny who are working here on the forum, from PageLines, never concrete answers and functional and this sorry without controversy.