Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where can I find "Page Option Setup" in DMS?

Question

Posted · Report post

Where can I find "Page Option Setup" in DMS? I cannot find it anywhere in DMS.

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

No, I mean what used to be called "Page Option Setup" in Pagelines Framework. In Page Options Setup we were able to define the look of the category pages, the Blog page, Arachive pages, etc.. How can we do that now?
Please see the following screenshot:

Kvx85wD.png

Posted · Report post

That does not exist in DMS, only in Framework. In DMS, you pick a Category page, and edit it or create a template page from it, changing the template.

Same with archive pages, 404s, etc. Everything is on the front end in Chrome.

I think your questions would be best answered by reading the docs at http://docs.pagelines.com.

Posted · Report post

Let me make my question more clear: In DMS we have two options for customizing the pages: Global and Local. Global changes the settings in all pages and Local changes them on the page you are working on. I understand that. But we have a third option in WordPress: you can customize your category pages, archive pages, or blog page. The changes I am talking about, being neither global or local, are applied to certain type of pages like archives or category pages. In a regular WordPress theme you can change "archives.php" or "category.php" to customize them. In Pagelines Framework you have a "Page Option Setup" settings page to customize them. My question here is how one can do that in DMS.

Note: Please do not refer me to that link. I cannot find the answer to my question anywhere there. That is why I am asking the question here. I have purchased a product and a service that I pay a monthly fee for. That product is replaced twice with products that I never asked for. Once I purchased PlatformPro (Developer Version) I converted my previous websites to PlatformPro. Later Pagelines Framework replaced PlatformPro and I was forced to convert my websites from PlatformPro to Pagelines Framework. I spent money and time to do that. Now I get a totally new theme that forces me one more time to spend more time/money/energy to convert my websites to a new theme again. The minimum PageLines can do is guiding me to use the new product correctly and answer my basic questions. That is the minimum I deserve as a customer here.

Posted · Report post

Sourena,

First, no-one here is forcing you to switch from any product to another.  No-one forced you to move from PlatformPro. We only deprecated that in June, this year. Framework still works and people are still developing sites with it.   Saying that we're forcing you is simply not true.

Now, to correct your misunderstanding, when you're saying global or local, you are thinking of the whole site as if global means every single page in the entire site. Not the case.  If you browse to any category page and create a template for it, then you apply something globally, it will be for any page using the category template.  But if you click local, it's only going to apply to that particular category page.   Again, you can create templates for each, or you can set global or local changes for any type of page, BUT, if you set the global settings for a category page it is not going to apply to archives, tags, 404s, etc. Each can be laid out on its own,  That's why I referred you to read the docs, so that you'd have a better understanding of creating templates and layouts. I'm sorry if that offended you. I am doing my job and encouraging you to learn the product to eliminate misunderstandings such as this.

Posted · Report post

I am sorry but what Pagelines did is exactly "forcing". Here is why: I purchased PagelinesPlus to use a certain service that included a chat service to help me with site development and a bunch of free plugins and sections. All that is gone. Instead I see "PageLines DMS Business - GF" in my account! 

What I see on Pagelines settings page of the websites I developed is an RSS Error and a button that says "Get Pagelines Plus" (linked to a 404 page)! 

My question is that why DMS was not presented as an independent product and why the previous product were removed from the website? "pagelines.com" does not have even a link to its older products.

Posted · Report post

Sourena do you mean this?

this.jpg

Posted · Report post

@thebastion 

No. I placed a screenshot in one of the previous posts. It is different from what you refer to.

Posted · Report post

Sourena I have never used Pagelines and I have only used DMS for about 2 weeks but from what I gather from that image:

Site defaults = global

Any of the other options you simply go to that page in the Visual Editor and assign it a template then save it, you can even set local things within a template. It really is that simple.

Anyway one simple search for "template" in this forum lead me to here:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28950-template-documentation-seem-incomplete/?hl=template

Hope that helps and good luck.

Posted · Report post

Sourena,

Maybe this will help? Once I do this then anything within the "courses" category will all by styled the same.

Sorry if it is not helping but like I said I'm not from a pagelines background.

editing-dms.jpg