DMS 0.9.7 Installation Issue with WordPress 3.6

Question

Posted · Report post

I just purchased DMS-Developer and tried installing it locally on a brand-new, no special plugins, installation of WordPress 3.6

Since my local machine doesn't have an ftp server running on it, I unpacked the dms.zip file into wp-content/themes/dms.

The DMS theme shows up in my themes list. However, when I try to activate it, I get the dreaded WSoD. I turned on WP debugging to see what's going on, and I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class EditorStoreFront in /data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.api.php on line 7

The Call Stack below it shows:

#	Time	Memory	Function	Location
1	0.0001	274904	{main}( )	../customize.php:0
2	0.0001	329752	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-admin/admin.php' )	../customize.php:12
3	0.0002	344688	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-load.php' )	../admin.php:30
4	0.0007	345840	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-config.php' )	../wp-load.php:29
5	0.0008	395240	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-settings.php' )	../wp-config.php:91
6	0.0244	10714912	include( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/functions.php' )	../wp-settings.php:293
7	0.0245	10739336	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/init.php' )	../functions.php:21
8	0.0274	10987456	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.init.php' )	../init.php:64
9	0.0274	10987648	PageLinesEditor->__construct( )	../editor.init.php:11
10	0.0274	10987904	PageLinesEditor->load_files( )	../editor.init.php:17
11	0.0284	12060616	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.api.php' )	../editor.init.php:73

I'm running Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.5.32 on Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS 64-bit.

Do I need to do anything particular to get it working, such as file/directory privileges, or what am I doing wrong?

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

A White screen of death is usually caused by either a plugin, theme or memory. DMS works, I have 30 test sites all running without any issue. Therefore, what do you mean by no special plugins, do you mean you have some plugins installed and active ? If so, please disable them all.

If you do not have any plugins installed, then it could be a memory issue, i.e. you may need to increase your php allocated memory via your php.ini file.

Also, what version of PHP, is your setup using ?

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, thanks for the reply.

I'm running PHP 5.5.1.2, and its memory limit was at 128 MB. I've upped that to 512 MB, with the same result as before. PHP complaining about a class redeclaration doesn't look like a memory-related error but something else...

As for plugins, I have installed no plugins that were not in the naked WP 3.6 distro, i.e. I have only Akismet and Hello Dolly, both of which are inactive (and were never activated in the first place).

Posted · Report post

Hmm...

Can you provide your server info please, PHP info etc...

If there are no plugins, custom scripts or code and you're receiving a WSOD, then its most likely your servers setup.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your reply, here's the output of phpinfo and the Apache config file for the site in question.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Apologises for the latest response, for some reason my reply was never added/saved to this topic. Have you tried running up the latest version of DMS on your site and see if this resolves your issue ?

If you have a link, can you send me admin credentials please danny at pagelines dot com