One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

There is only one store.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

.   You can no longer purchase Framework-specific plugins/sections/child themes.  However, most of the DMS ready products will work in Framework.   The question of the Framework store relates to the link found at Dashboard > PageLines > Store.   No new products may be purchased there and essentially, it is closed for shopping.  However, it remains there for the management of your existing sections/plugins/child themes, such as activating/deactivating, or uploading sections. 

Many apologies for the confusion.

#22 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hi Guys

Heres my 2 pennies worth.

The link to the section 'Squared' does not work in launchpad.pagelines.com but is accessible from the Pagelines V2 store in the admin version of Wordpress however the section does not work and throughs up all kinds of errors. I looked at the folder on the server and it appears (and I am guessing) to be a DMS version of the 'Squared' section.

I thought to myself no problem I'm just use DMS as the theme instead as the site is basically just going to be a serious of coloured boxes. I installed DMS, download the DMS version of 'Squared' from launchpad.pagelines.com, put it in the plugins folder and activated it. At this point I could see 'Squared' as a section that was available to me in DMS so I dragged it to where I wanted it. Not only did it not appear but it basically screwed up the DMS install completely. The editing bar would no longer pop up to make changes so I could do nothing.

I have now switched the theme back to Pagelines V2 but am still no further forward as I still can't install the 'Squared' section.

Its not the end of the world as its not a clients site but I could really do with this section so I can get on with my project. I really purchased this section for use on this site so the situation is getting a little frustrating.

Can someone help me get this resolved please.

I hate to say this but beware installing sections from the Pagelines V2 store in WP admin on a live site as if this had been a clients site then it would have been a disaster.

Also, just a thought, but why don't you guys at Pagelines continue to sell both products long term. I can see how cool DMS can be but having built loads of websites with Pagelines I can tell you that it fits my workflow perfectly and allows me to do exactly what I want quickly and efficiently and I would seriously hate to see it go.

Pagelines also plays much better with early browser versions (ie8). I know this is holding the web back but sadly we have to accept that a lot of corporate companies and government agencies still use XP which I guess is that annoying 6%.

A good example of this is an issue I had with a couple of websites I did for recently using Pagelines for a large government agency in the UK. Internal company employees across the country were reporting that the site would not load at all in ie8 using Windows XP. Now I knew that it should load and the site loaded fine in ie10 using the ie8 developer tools but I had not checked it on an actual XP machine. Luckily I have an XP machine upstairs that I switch on every 200 years so I checked the sites on that, sure enough the sites would not load at all, the only thing that would show is page Div.

After messing around with this for a couple of hours I discovered that the 'Euro Cookies Law' section crashes any site built on Pagelines when using ie8 and XP completely. I disabled every plugin the site had on it and it still crashed. I eventually worked it out by looking at another Pagelines site that would load in ie8 and XP and figured out what sections were different.

Keep Pagelines alive guys, a lot of us still love it and it gives us an alternative to offer our clients for older browser compatibility.

Cheers

Gary

• Martin Bay and imagineutopia like this

#23 edrubins

edrubins

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Keep Pagelines alive guys, a lot of us still love it and it gives us an alternative to offer our clients for older browser compatibility.

Cheers

Gary

I second the motion. But let me ask a different question. Is there anything in the Pagelines license(s) that would prevent a group of developers from forking the code and keeping the project alive under a different name? I know it's a huge code base and a community would need to be formed / funded. But there seems to be a lot of us perfectly happy with Frameworks 2.0 and this might be an answer.

Best, Ed

• Martin Bay, davemoppert, bsaul and 1 other like this

#24 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Great idea Ed, to be honest I would be perfectly happy paying twice to keep Pagelines alive anyhow so giving my time to help keep it moving forward is something I would be more than happy to get involved with, I have tried other systems and nothing comes close. Part of the problem (for me) with DMS is that for me its too open, we don't always want our clients to see how we did it.

I am still using V2 at the minute (due to the sections and ie8 issue), but my workflow is that I have written my own styles for my various sections that I understand and I can rapidly change these styles to develop new, unique sites in much the same way I would have if I had written the theme from scratch or created the site by hand.

I launched a new V2 site last week and within 24 hours of me giving my client access as an editor they had screwed it up by uploading high res images and playing with the text. Now in Pagelines I sorted this quickly but what if they had access to everything... = disaster.

I want to let my clients change the text in boxes or in the 'Hero' section - thats what a CMS is for - but I don't want them to be able to redesign the site for me or mess with my code, can you imagine the nightmare over hundreds of sites for a small business.

My other concern is (and perhaps Pagelines can answer this) is that Wordpress is updated regularly, at some point the sites we have built for our clients in V2 and have been paid good money for are going to be incompatible, I am already cringing when I patch Wordpress incase it all goes pear shaped.

Cheers

Gary

• Martin Bay likes this

#25 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Framework Version:Latest :)

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

My best argument for fixing and keep developing v2 is that if they don't I will not spend more money at Pagelines. I will not switch to DMS because I will not trust Pagelines - will they just dump it after a year? I think their behaviour is sad and without respect to developers and users of pagelines. I really feel sorry for the people that have put tons or hours work in sites and plugins for the Framework.

• slingr, bluesquirrel, bsaul and 2 others like this

#26 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

@

If a wordpress update is going to break anything a patch will be released for legacy framework, and this includes platformpro.

I run the very latest wordpress code on my blog, and i also submit patches to wordpress core, so if anyone is up to date it is me.

@

We have no intention of dumping DMS. PageLines Framework had reached its EOL. To add new features meant a total rewrite under the hood, turning it into DMS was impossible.

#27 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Framework Version:Latest :)

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

@

We have no intention of dumping DMS. PageLines Framework had reached its EOL. To add new features meant a total rewrite under the hood, turning it into DMS was impossible.

Yet still, we are many who which to continue using Framework and enjoy the way it work - I'm really not complaining - I just think you (Pagelines) would benefit if they keep customers in the loop with a continuing development of plugins etc for Framework 2.0

#28 edrubins

edrubins

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

@

Simon:

Excuse me if this has been answered in another post / topic. Will themes written for DMS run with Framworks 2.x? Will trying to use them with Framework require any tweaks? How much of the API has changed and can DMS plugins be patched to integrate with DMS?

• Martin Bay likes this

#29 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

so let me get this correct you want us to download the .zip and then

" FTP to your site and delete wp-content/plugins/ and delete the plugin-pagelines-customize folder. "

If I delete the wp-content/plugins folder wont that delete everything that I've installed thus far? not sure if this is correct but I don't want to have to rebuild the site again all cause I deleted the incorrect folder

#30 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

ahhhh and as I scolled up I realized that the store is now closed all together?! So what if I had purchases with in the store and I would like to use them still (they are not available and the store no longer connects) I purchased a twitter and fb integration along with woocommerce support plugin. Any way to find the woo plugin would be great but it seems like there will no longer be a framework store :( help.

#31 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

You can get your exisiting purchases from

all the free sections and cotnent from the store are

If you had PLus and want the plus extensions please let the desk know at hello @ pagelines.com 

#32 trisquelmedia

trisquelmedia

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

I stay calmer than PageLines framework will be patched to fix any incompatibilities with newer versions of Wordpress. I have about 15 sites built with Pagelines Framework in 1 year, theme is very personalized and migrate it to DMS is an almost impossible task, I believe that their life cycle is too short. I welcome the support still exists because Pagelines DMS've tried it and I still like more PageLines framework. I stayed for lost when I found out that the efforts would focus on DMS Pagelines

I think we are also a very large community, I would like this project still alive, the existence of DMS does not mean that Pagelines Framework should die......I would not care continue to pay for furure supporting
  • Martin Bay and bsaul like this

#33 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hello Triquelmedia 

The PageLInes Framework community is very large and the Framework still continues to be supported. 

As an effort to prolong the life of the Framework indefinitely the Framework code has been released on the PageLines Github for everyone to access, change and create new content with. When the time comes that the Framework is no longer viable to use, this will be when Web Architecture changes and the underlying method of operation is no longer viable people will continue to add to the now open source project. 

You can see this and get involved here 

#34 edrubins

edrubins

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Martin:

According to the github repository, what's hosted on github is released under the GNU General Public License Version 2. Can you confirm that, as long as any restrictions in the license are adhered to, any individual or group of individuals is free to fork a new version of the framework from this code, and call it something else, should they desire?

• Martin Bay likes this

#35 millera4

millera4

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

So the Paglines framework store is closed! .....ok so I uninstalled the Paglines store to see if I could re-install it and make everything work again. I am also shocked that there is no support for this. I did pay for the paglines pro section and the twitter all in one section through the shop when it was work back in 2013. 

Since migration will take a few months maybe: ( Here is my site - 

). I was wondering if there is any site where i can download and re-install the pagelines store for pagelines framework. and is the anyway to get the new pagelines section - DMS to work with the pagelines framework store?

also....if this cant be done anymore or re-installed. is there a plugin from wordpress I can use to install ?

#36 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Hello @millera4 

If you require anything fromt he Framework store that you do not have access to already in

please let s the desk know on hello at pagelines dot com. 

Similarly, if you require access to the PageLines Plus sections and had a Plus subscription previously then let the desk know and they will provide you with this content. 

If you require any of the included content that came with the Framework but is not present in your Launchpad you can download everything in one zip file from here 

install the PageLines Sections plugin as you would install a Wordpress plugin and you can then use the store to add all the PageLines sections from Launchpad, the zip or provided by the desk. Just go to 'add new sections' in the store and you can install fromt here. 

DMS sections and extensions in the store will not work in the Framework but many have Framework equivalents so if you need access to these just let the desk know and they can pick this up for you. 

Specifically the Twitter all in one section no longer works as Twitter themselves changed the API and authentication methods which rendered all 3rd party plugins useless/broken. Many of these were replaced by their devs or updated and there are lots available from the Wordpress Plugin Repository 

• millera4 likes this

#37 millera4

millera4

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for the links! This will help! I got this link with the ZIP file from another Pagelines Framework  topic on this forum already. But I just did a file restore of my wp-content folder on Godadddy and that solved the problem.  It restored all my sections and Grid-portfolio --- which I use to display all my portfolio work.

I believe a twitter plugin of wordpress will do fine then. Thanks for explaining all of this clearly. I hope there is more support for the paglines framework store in the future. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Framework, Store, Plugins, Plus, Sections, Child Themes