Framework Store Update

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello all, 

I know everyone has been on pins and needles and often very upset that restoring the Framework Store and Plus products has taken so long.  Candidly, I don't blame you for your frustrations, and hope you'll all understand we're just as frustrated.

As you know, I've been communicating with our developers routinely to express your grave concerns and today, I have some good news to share.

The majority of the Framework Store is back.  Not everything though. Any item where there's no Thumbnail is not yet available and will yield an error.  Grey boxes with the word "Thumb" indicate no available download. Please DO NOT COMPLAIN. We know about it and we're trying to fix it still. But there are few that are missing.

To make things even better, the Plus Membership extensions are still there and for the most part, work. 

Now, with about 95% of the store reinstated, Framework should be back in business for all of you. 

I hope you'll all take advantage of this, and use Framework as a stepping stone for even more beautiful DMS sites in future.

36 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Martin Bay We have no intention of dumping DMS. PageLines Framework had reached its EOL. To add new features meant a total rewrite under the hood, turning it into DMS was impossible.

Yet still, we are many who which to continue using Framework and enjoy the way it work - I'm really not complaining - I just think you (Pagelines) would benefit if they keep customers in the loop with a continuing development of plugins etc for Framework 2.0

Posted · Report post

Martin Bay We have no intention of dumping DMS. PageLines Framework had reached its EOL. To add new features meant a total rewrite under the hood, turning it into DMS was impossible.

Simon:

Excuse me if this has been answered in another post / topic. Will themes written for DMS run with Framworks 2.x? Will trying to use them with Framework require any tweaks? How much of the API has changed and can DMS plugins be patched to integrate with DMS?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

so let me get this correct you want us to download the .zip and then

" FTP to your site and delete wp-content/plugins/ and delete the plugin-pagelines-customize folder. "

If I delete the wp-content/plugins folder wont that delete everything that I've installed thus far? not sure if this is correct but I don't want to have to rebuild the site again all cause I deleted the incorrect folder

Posted · Report post

ahhhh and as I scolled up I realized that the store is now closed all together?! So what if I had purchases with in the store and I would like to use them still (they are not available and the store no longer connects) I purchased a twitter and fb integration along with woocommerce support plugin. Any way to find the woo plugin would be great but it seems like there will no longer be a framework store :( help.

Posted · Report post

You can get your exisiting purchases from http://pagelines.com/launchpad all the free sections and cotnent from the store are here https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyy8k5xcjvbvlo/Framework-included-content.zip

If you had PLus and want the plus extensions please let the desk know at hello @ pagelines.com 

Posted · Report post

I stay calmer than PageLines framework will be patched to fix any incompatibilities with newer versions of Wordpress. I have about 15 sites built with Pagelines Framework in 1 year, theme is very personalized and migrate it to DMS is an almost impossible task, I believe that their life cycle is too short. I welcome the support still exists because Pagelines DMS've tried it and I still like more PageLines framework. I stayed for lost when I found out that the efforts would focus on DMS Pagelines

I think we are also a very large community, I would like this project still alive, the existence of DMS does not mean that Pagelines Framework should die......I would not care continue to pay for furure supporting
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hello Triquelmedia 

The PageLInes Framework community is very large and the Framework still continues to be supported. 

As an effort to prolong the life of the Framework indefinitely the Framework code has been released on the PageLines Github for everyone to access, change and create new content with. When the time comes that the Framework is no longer viable to use, this will be when Web Architecture changes and the underlying method of operation is no longer viable people will continue to add to the now open source project. 

You can see this and get involved here https://github.com/pagelines/PageLines-Framework

Posted · Report post

Martin:

According to the github repository, what's hosted on github is released under the GNU General Public License Version 2. Can you confirm that, as long as any restrictions in the license are adhered to, any individual or group of individuals is free to fork a new version of the framework from this code, and call it something else, should they desire?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So the Paglines framework store is closed! .....ok so I uninstalled the Paglines store to see if I could re-install it and make everything work again. I am also shocked that there is no support for this. I did pay for the paglines pro section and the twitter all in one section through the shop when it was work back in 2013. 

Since migration will take a few months maybe: ( Here is my site - http://ajmdesign.ca). I was wondering if there is any site where i can download and re-install the pagelines store for pagelines framework. and is the anyway to get the new pagelines section - DMS to work with the pagelines framework store?

also....if this cant be done anymore or re-installed. is there a plugin from wordpress I can use to install ?

Posted · Report post

Hello @millera4 

If you require anything fromt he Framework store that you do not have access to already in http://pagelines.com/launchpad please let s the desk know on hello at pagelines dot com. 

Similarly, if you require access to the PageLines Plus sections and had a Plus subscription previously then let the desk know and they will provide you with this content. 

If you require any of the included content that came with the Framework but is not present in your Launchpad you can download everything in one zip file from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyy8k5xcjvbvlo/Framework-included-content.zip

install the PageLines Sections plugin as you would install a Wordpress plugin and you can then use the store to add all the PageLines sections from Launchpad, the zip or provided by the desk. Just go to 'add new sections' in the store and you can install fromt here. 

DMS sections and extensions in the store will not work in the Framework but many have Framework equivalents so if you need access to these just let the desk know and they can pick this up for you. 

Specifically the Twitter all in one section no longer works as Twitter themselves changed the API and authentication methods which rendered all 3rd party plugins useless/broken. Many of these were replaced by their devs or updated and there are lots available from the Wordpress Plugin Repository http://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/twitter-plugin

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the links! This will help! I got this link with the ZIP file from another Pagelines Framework  topic on this forum already. But I just did a file restore of my wp-content folder on Godadddy and that solved the problem.  It restored all my sections and Grid-portfolio --- which I use to display all my portfolio work.

I believe a twitter plugin of wordpress will do fine then. Thanks for explaining all of this clearly. I hope there is more support for the paglines framework store in the future.