Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reduce space below slider

Question

Posted · Report post

Is anyone able to help me with reducing the space below the slider as in http://www.secttechcenter.com/news/

I have taken a look at the CSS and removed all padding, but cannot find any obvious fixes.  It is a bit of an issue between each of the widgets, but the space below the slider is the biggest issue.

The custom code that I have for the slider is:

.fslider {
   background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.4);
   border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
   box-shadow: 0 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
   padding: 0px;
   width: 100%;

All help very gratefully received!

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You have a high margin or padding at the top of the text area below with a custom class:

<p class="homepageintro">  That's knocking the text down quite a bit. I'd find that in your CSS (.homepageintro) and see if it has some padding or margins.

If not, set them to padding-top: 0;  or margin-top: 0; and see if that works.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, thanks for this but I think the issue is actually that the text box is set up to expect a title and there is no option to "ignore" the title if one is not added.  Therefore it was leaving a blank space where it expected the title to be.  I'm just not comfortable with being restricted to drag and drop ... so I suppose I need to go and learn to PHP :) That said, I really appreciate the help that you guys offer and your responsiveness!

Posted · Report post

If there's no title, there should be 0 extra padding or margins above or below to make room for the title.