columns and what works and what doesn't..

Question

Posted · Report post

If I have a section with an 8/12 column and a 4/12 column for the sidebar can I place another 2 column section UNDER the 8/12 column to split the content?

Or do you have to drop sections such as text/media boxes under the 8/12 column and adjust the width of those?

Or should you create a new full width section and then add the columns.

It looks like the two-column section wants to work and it comes up with the page refresh but nothing actually appears in the visual editor. 

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Not exactly sure what you're referring to. Therefore, would it be possible to provide an example or concept image of the layout you're trying to create.

Posted · Report post

I have the same question. What "nfp 1900" means is this:

1AC87BA.png

How do these sections work. Since dragging and dropping them in the page does not make any visual difference.

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure if you can add sections within a section.  You probably can with the columns.  That said, the columns are simply a way of implementing the Responsive Grid.  That can have nested rows.

I've done it on http://dev.epicurus.com/home4

All I did was follow the guidance here:  http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/responsive-grid

Posted · Report post

I found that you can't have a column 1/12 wide , the minimum is 2/12 so in total 6 columns across (seems generous...). 

I was able to have two rows of columns in one section (I'm sure this could go on, I haven't tested it). You can then stack as many sections as required into each column. 

Dragging the last column into a row doesn't seem to work, it jumps out of position even if you set it to 2/12.  But cloning in the same row does work to get the column to line up in the correct position. 

Posted · Report post

I understand how to make culomns by using codes. But what I do not understand is how to use these sections. The link you provided does not say anything about these sections.

Posted · Report post

OK, so I understand you guys correctly, you want to use 2 Columns section layout and then add multiple sections to each column. For example,

Column 1          Column 2

iBox                  Masthead
iCallout             Hero
TextBox            iBox

Is this correct ?

If so, you can do this by simply dragging and dropping the sections above or under the sections in each column.

http://cl.ly/image/1d2A3g0j3C1A