Photo
- - - - -

fatal error when adding new sections and plugins

fatal error adding sections pagelines-sections

Best Answer Danny , 26 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

HI,

If you're having trouble with the PageLines Framework sections plugin, please contact our helpdesk and they will be able to provide you with the correct .zip. Its most likely you have a corrupt zip.

hello at pagelines dot com

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ruthtoledoaltschuler

ruthtoledoaltschuler

Advanced Member

• Members

• 55 posts
  • LocationSanta Rosa, California

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Hi, 

I've done a new install of Pagelines and when I try to install pagelines-sections plugin it gives me a Fatal error.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

56.34KB   0 downloads

I managed to install it manually but then when I try to install most of plugins or sections that before I was able to use normally I get this message:

77.42KB   0 downloads

This specifically was trying to install: Crackbar, but many others weren't possible as well.

I've tried with completely different wordpress installations in completely different webservers, that I've used for years, and for some reason, since last Sunday none is working.

Could anyone please help me to solve this issue.

Right now I am working with these two websites:

Thanks a lot!

Julia

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hi Julia,

There is a well-known issue with our APIs due to the hacking of our site in July. 

The Framework store is now closed (largely as a result).  So, the solution is to do this:

1.  Install pagelines-sections as a plugin in wp-content/plugins via FTP.  Activate via Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins

2.  Add sections to the wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections via FTP.

3.  Any plugins should be added directly to wp-content/plugins via FTP and activated via Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins

The uploader in Framework was adversely affected, which is why you're getting those messages. FTP bypasses the uploader, thus allowing you to enable things.

As for Crackbar working, I cannot support it, as its a 3rd party product. Let us know if this method works. If not, we'll take it to the next step.

#3 wonderwoman

wonderwoman

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

can you confirm this is still the way to add sections with 3.8?  The sections/plugins are not showing in the dashboard > plugins area.  And if I try to install the sections as a plugin, get error

Installing Plugin from uploaded file: plugin-pagelines-sections.zip

Unpacking the packageā€¦

Installing the pluginā€¦

The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.

Hmm.  wonder if it's just the sections plugin that's wonky.  was able to install the google fonts plugin and customise plugin with no problem.

Can you give me a link to the latest & greatest sections plugin?

Thank you :-)

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:12 PM   Best Answer

HI,

If you're having trouble with the PageLines Framework sections plugin, please contact our helpdesk and they will be able to provide you with the correct .zip. Its most likely you have a corrupt zip.

hello at pagelines dot com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fatal error, adding sections, pagelines-sections