Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Slider questions

Question

Posted · Report post

I have a number of questions regarding the full width slider so thought it best to wrap them under one post. I can't find any resources with the answers so here goes...

The demo shows layers of text over the slider on two lines. I can only get one line of text. How do I split onto two?

There is section for customisation of classes/CSS. Where can I see examples of what can be done here?

I would like to add a buy now button and 30 day trial button as overlays / layers on the slider. Is this possible?

Finally, is it possible to change the height of the slider? I can't see anywhere possible to change the height?

Many thanks in advance for your help with these questions.

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

The demo shows layers of text over the slider on two lines. I can only get one line of text. How do I split onto two?

I believe you simply add a <br /> to the breaking point in your text.

There is section for customisation of classes/CSS. Where can I see examples of what can be done here?

In DMS toolbar, you'll see Custom Code.   There are no demos of CSS there.  It is simply a place to add code. If you want to see examples of CSS, review our documentation at http://docs.pagelines.com AND, use Chrome's Inspection Tools or Firebug for Firefox (www.getfirebug.com) to look at the exact code for each part of your site (or any other).  You can see the CSS, test it and see how it affects the element.

I would like to add a buy now button and 30 day trial button as overlays / layers on the slider. Is this possible?

You should be able to add those buttons in the text, using shortcodes. See the docs for examples of code. http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/shortcodes

Finally, is it possible to change the height of the slider? I can't see anywhere possible to change the height?

It is possible to achieve with CSS.

Posted · Report post

Hi thanks for your help this is great. I almost have it nailed but im still struggling with a few items.  Ive managed to get the break lines and the buttons appearing (but they still have a transparent grey background to them which looks odd as its not positioned very well.  Is there any way that I can exclude the transparent grey background for this particular segment of text i.e. after the <br/> tag, but only for the line which contains the button?

Also I must be doing something stupid but I cannot get the css for the height of the slider? I've tried all sorts and also using the slider id=... and customising the height of this specific css code but still no luck.  Can someone point me in the right direction? I've got to say I thought this plugin would have a simple height controller.

Many thanks

Posted · Report post

Give me a link and I'll try to find the CSS for you.

Are you using Chrome's Inspection tools or Firebug for Firefox?