Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Remove Padding from bottom of images in Boxes

padding boxes min-height bottom-margin

Best Answer Rob , 12 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hi, the problem is that the CSS is inline (see below)

<div class="blocks box-media-pad" style="min-height: 231px;">

The min-height of 231 is what's causing this.

What are you using to create the row of boxes?  Our Framework Boxes didn't create inline CSS.

You should also upgrade to 2.4.4 as 2.4.2 is outdated. That alone might resolve it. But whatever you did, be it the content of the boxes or the way they're created, there is inline CSS that doesn't belong in there.  It is overriding custom styling which is why you can't fix it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Advocate

Advocate

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

I have managed to remove the padding from the Top, Left, and Right of 6 images (in 2 box sets of 3 images).  Now, I need to remove the padding from the bottom of each image.  I suspect the issue is with a min-height designation and/or a bottom-margin designation.  I have noticed that the minimum-height of the boxes are 10pix larger than the images.  I also see a bottom-margin of 10pix in the coding.  Nothing I have tried has removed the bottom padding.  Any help you can provide, would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

The "Live" site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:33 PM   Best Answer

Hi, the problem is that the CSS is inline (see below)

<div class="blocks box-media-pad" style="min-height: 231px;">

The min-height of 231 is what's causing this.

What are you using to create the row of boxes?  Our Framework Boxes didn't create inline CSS.

You should also upgrade to 2.4.4 as 2.4.2 is outdated. That alone might resolve it. But whatever you did, be it the content of the boxes or the way they're created, there is inline CSS that doesn't belong in there.  It is overriding custom styling which is why you can't fix it.

#3 Advocate

Advocate

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

Thank you for your response One Smart.  There was some coding done by someone else and those changes were made to style.css file.  You are correct in that the upgrade to partially address one of the sets of boxes (on a test site of ours).  However, the boxes in the "more footer" were not "fixed".  That said, how can I go about getting an unmodified version of the style.css for iBlogPro5?  I would like to start with that and put in the "modified code" line by line in the Custom CSS.  Thanks again. 

#4 Advocate

Advocate

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

Hello One Smart,

Thanks for you help.  I found the issues.  I will mark this as solved.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: padding, boxes, min-height, bottom-margin