Question

Posted · Report post

To no avail I have been working hard to complete my personal blog.  Before I begin I am running the latest version of Chrome.  I have tried clearing cookies/cache.  I am running WP 3.6 and everything on my blog is up to date.

I am attempting to create a blog post with 2 columns.  I want column 1 to be 7/12 and 2 5/12.  Column 1 will contain post/page loop and comments.  Column 2 will contain a text box and media box.  

There are too many issues to list them all.  But I will do my best to explain what happens.

1. When saving content AND/OR making live some of the options set in the sections are disappear.  For example I put embed code for video in and setup my media box.  I save it either section by section or I just save it all at once and part or all of the content disappears.

2. Columns overlaying each other.  So I set up the columns as described above.  When I get to the 2nd column on the right is when the issues happen.  When I save the columns Column 2 overlays Column 1.  The content however is pushed to the bottom, but when viewing in the DMS editor you can't fix the issue.

I have deleted and tried to fix this to no avail.  I have not made the post live, but am willing to either give admin login via email OR I will do a remote connection to show the issues.  I really need to have my blog up and running so I can move to site 2 with Pagelines.  I have a deadline of 24 hours to resolve this and help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance :D

[attachment=1317:dms-framework.PNG]

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

So are you using the 2 Column layout section ?

As I have just this moment, added the 2 Column Layout section, then inside that I added the PostLoop section to the left hand side column and to the right add the MediaBox section. Then added the embed code to the MediaBox options.

http://cl.ly/image/020z0p092l0S

There is no overlapping or any kind of issue from what I can see, using this method.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

So are you using the 2 Column layout section ?

As I have just this moment, added the 2 Column Layout section, then inside that I added the PostLoop section to the left hand side column and to the right add the MediaBox section. Then added the embed code to the MediaBox options.

http://cl.ly/image/020z0p092l0S

There is no overlapping or any kind of issue from what I can see, using this method.

Yes, I have tried to use 2 Column and also Column (adding two of the sections).  In the end I get the same result.  The problem occurs as soon as I add modules to the columns.  I just retried to ensure I was doing it as you described.  The first time I added 2 columns it didn't actually show up.  The second time it loaded slow and finally showed up after approximately 45 seconds.  Once again the two columns are overlaying each other.  Email me mrallenresha at gmail.  I will either give you a temp admin login OR we can do it together using screen share.

Posted · Report post

Or another option to demo the bug is for me to do a video and dropbox you?

Posted · Report post

Most likely you have something causing your 2 column section to bug. It is a bug in DMS but one from either your active plugins, it could be caused by the content in your post, if you have used HTML, iFrame etc.. or your browsers addons/extensions.

I do not experience this issue and therefore, it has to be related to your installation/browser.

Posted · Report post

OK. I am going to get online and disable all plugins and addons. I don't think that is the issue and more importantly if it's an issue for me then what will happen when other's who use the same plugins/chrome addons are going to have AZ an end user experience? I use well known/documented WP plugins. DMS should be compatible with these. I will leave a message notating results and plugins/addons disabled.

Posted · Report post

Problem is not solved, but I figured where it lies.  You can't edit a POST in preview mode.  (I.E. Click Preview Post and then try to modify with DMS)  How can a fix be facilitated so that DMS works with Preview Post/Page?  This will allow for a page/post to be perfected BEFORE making live on the web through WP's draft mode.

Posted · Report post

Keeping in mind that DMS edits the page/post/category/archive or what ever its on globally unless told otherwise (for that type of content), editing a preview mode will not show up unless you preview it again, if that even saves correctly.

Really, you should never edit a post in preview mode.  It's pointless.  You are the only person to see previewed pages. So you edit the page, post or other part of your site and never the preview.  DMS won't be updated to allow this as it could break the site, and probably would do more harm than you'd think.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ok. Thank you for explaining. It makes more snese now.

Do you have any suggestions on how to build pages and posts without publishing them. I.E. without using preview page/posts...

Posted · Report post

Well, preview is only a process of viewing what you've done in WordPress.  It has nothing to do with DMS.

If you build a page in WordPress, publish it. The page should not appear to anyone till you add it somewhere. Edit it in DMS.  Return to Dashboard > Pages > All Pages, and change the status from Published to Draft.