Loading Pagelines Templates in Dashboard

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I am experiencing some trouble with assigning templates to a particular page. In the Wordpress dashboard under DMS Page Setup i can view all of my templates which is fine. When i select a template and click Update its says the page has been updated but under the load Pagelines Template it remains at "Select Template". Similarly in the Pages dashboard the Home page remains as "No Template Assigned".

I am not really sure if i have done something wrong or that there is some form of Bug at work.

I would appreciate any help on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

Sean.

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Sean,

This issue has been reported already to our tracker. In the meantime, you unfortunately have to assign them using the visual editor.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your reply Danny.

Unfortunately i am still experiencing issues with applying templates to my website. 

Here's the way i have been working:

I published a new page "Home" and began building the page using the various sections available in the editor and adjusting them with my own custom css. 

All worked fine and i was happy with the way the page was progressing, I then saved a new template for the home page.

Next I decided then to add another page "About us". When viewed in the visual editor the page had inherited all of the sections used in the Home page. This wasn't a problem but obviously i would want a different layout for my about page so i went about deleting some of the sections and then saving a new template specifically for my about page. 

This was all fine but as soon as navigated back to my Home Page any section i deleted on the "About" page was now missing from the Home page. 

I wonder am i going about my workflow the wrong way? 

I again would appreciate your help. 

Thanks,

Seán.

Posted · Report post

I published a new page "Home" and began building the page using the various sections available in the editor and adjusting them with my own custom css. 

All worked fine and i was happy with the way the page was progressing, I then saved a new template for the home page.

Next I decided then to add another page "About us". When viewed in the visual editor the page had inherited all of the sections used in the Home page. This wasn't a problem but obviously i would want a different layout for my about page so i went about deleting some of the sections and then saving a new template specifically for my about page. 

This was all fine but as soon as navigated back to my Home Page any section i deleted on the "About" page was now missing from the Home page. 

Hi Danny,

I am also experiencing this kind of problem... I tried doing a second template for my "About Us" page as the said page will be different with the home page... but when going back

to the home page... also sections on the home page was now missing from the home page although they use a different template.

Also, may I know when the: "Pagelines Template remains at Select Template" issue can be arrested?

Thanks,

Ian

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I too am having this issue. What does it mean to assign the page using the visual editor? Please help. I have a big presentation tomorrow and am stymied by this. Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Hi! I have a question about loading the DMS page template on each page.

In essence it is very easy to do.
What happens to me is that once I selected on the "Load Template PageLines" tab, the template can't load.

When I try to do in the same in my pages panel appears 'default' or the old PL templates and I deleted all those files. :O

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Imagen-19-08-13-a-las-12.06.png

Posted · Report post

That appears to be Framework.  DMS does not have Templates 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as Framework did. If you're using DMS (activated) likely that list is simply showing the last Framework template applied to it because one hasn't been assigned in DMS as Danny pointed out earlier.

Posted · Report post

Rob Thank you

for the moment it works well, despite this error.

One question: Is there a common file between PL and DMS to be deleted to remove this error?

could be a solution, replacing for the correct DMS archive.

what do you think?

:)

Posted · Report post

Since this is a reported issue, I think the easiest, best and safest way to handle is simply not to do anything, leaving it to our developers to push a solution.  Homemade solutions sometimes cause more problems than leaving it to the pros.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hello, I am having a related problem. I can establish different templates for the different pages of my site, ex. home template , interior template, etc. and that is working fine.

The problem that I am having is that when I update the interior template (that is applied to several pages) the changes do not appear on any of the other pages that use that same template. I now have to go to every single interior page and click "Load Template" in order for the changes to affect that page. Shouldn't I be able to just update the template and have those changes go across all the page that have that template applied?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Posted · Report post

flourishdesignstudio

This too has also been reported by one of our store devs, our developers are aware of the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

1 person likes this