Photo
- - - - -

Straight Links plus Permalink button next to post

permalink post sharebar straight link button

Best Answer Danny , 12 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hi,

1. By default the Wordpress loop will only link to internal posts, if you wish to have your post titles link to an external source, you will need to ask this question on the Wordpress forums.

2. To recreate the anchor icon that appears next to your posts title, will require custom CSS.

Read this post, should assist you - http://www.codeitpre...s-with-css.html

However, please be aware that the code provided may not actually work and you will need to use your browser inspection tools to find the correct classes.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seattle5021209

seattle5021209

• Members

• 16 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 0.9.7

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Hello and thank you for your help with these questions.

I have two questions, but they are tied to one another so I decided to post them together.

I would like to replicate the way the following website has set up their posts:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1. Straight Link to 3rd party sites - As you can see, if they are linking to a 3rd party article, they credit the article and when you click on the post title it takes you straight to an outside website [straight link], and not to the loopinsight.com post permalink.  

I would like to set up my posts this way.  If I am writing my own content post, when visitors click on the title they should be taken to the post's permalink.  However, if I am linking to a 3rd party site post that I found interesting, when visitors click the title it should take them straight to that 3rd party site.

2. Permalink Button - I would like to recreate the little loop besides every post [with my own button of course].  This little loop button takes you the post's permalink [

...].  

I would like to display a corresponding "Permalink" button next to each of my posts.

Thank you so much for your help.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:19 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

1. By default the Wordpress loop will only link to internal posts, if you wish to have your post titles link to an external source, you will need to ask this question on the Wordpress forums.

2. To recreate the anchor icon that appears next to your posts title, will require custom CSS.

Read this post, should assist you - 

However, please be aware that the code provided may not actually work and you will need to use your browser inspection tools to find the correct classes.

#3 seattle5021209

seattle5021209

• Members

• 16 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 0.9.7

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Thank you very much for your reply to both of my questions, and for the link to how I can create the anchor icon.

I will follow up on question #1 on the WordPress forum. 

Have a great day!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

You too!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: permalink, post, sharebar, straight link, button