Photo
- - - - -

Patience is running thin- When can we expect PL to get back to normal?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 webmktco

webmktco

• Members

• 176 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm not one to bitch and complain, and I'm trying to empathize with the staff and what they went through with the hacks.  Two weeks ago the poop hit the fan w/ the DMS launch.  I understand.  I get it.  

But since then, PL framework has been a complete mess.  I told myself to step away and let you guys fix the bugs.  So for a 10 days I stopped developing client sites.  I rearranged my to do list and focused on non development work.  But now I'm up against deadlines and the PL dashboard is still jacked up.

The Hook editor is broken.  You can't access the store from the dashboard. PL has ditched live chat.  And there's no real direction or voice that explains what's going on.  There needs to a single source document with instructions of what the new process is.  Hell, even a video would do. 

Come on guys, this is unacceptable.   

• Martin Bay, imagineutopia and zferrell like this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

I completely understand your frustration and angst. 

Hooker is going to be updated, but until it is, you can still add functions in the functions.php file of your child theme or pagelines-customize.

That said, many people using Framework haven't been able find the things they need.  This topic points everyone to the tools they need.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The Framework Dashboard is missing some things, including the store, which isn't coming back. Nor is live chat.  However, Framework itself continues to work and can still be used.  Sites can still be built on it without issue. 

Here's what's going on.  The hacking did much more damage that first thought, and all the Framework APIs were corrupted, and needed rebuilding.  That's still ongoing.   Live chat was deprecated because it's far too difficult for our support team to manage the hundreds of questions flooding in for a live community chat to be useful to anyone.  Technically, it's still there, but not moderated.

Our developers priorities are to make as many things work again as possible, but they're also dealing with backend systems you and other clients don't really see that were also destroyed.   Believe me, they're going crazy and working 20 hours daily in rote to make sure not one minute is downtime for the team.

We're launching a new product, fixing an older one, restoring the servers and APIs, and trying very hard to cope with the massive volume of purchases of DMS that hit us in a 3 week period. Over 20,000 people purchased it. So you can imagine the volume of customer service and billing questions we're getting.

I apologize, and this wasn't an excuse, but just an answer to your fair question about what's going on.

I promise, we are working on everything.  But Framework does work and you can continue building sites even without the store or chat.  Anything you previously purchased is still available via your launchpad account. You can re-use them on new sites.

#3 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Framework Version:Latest :)

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

How on earth are we going to develop Framework site when we cannot add NEW premium plugins and sections??????

This is simply unsustainable - Im so frustrated that you really have not been able to solve this yet.

• beardedavenger and zferrell like this

#4 zferrell

zferrell

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

I purchased Pagelines Framework recently as my first framework. I built a new version of a website that I use to make my living. It involved some custom integration with vBulletin. I have a programmer who did that for me. 

I bought Hero Nav, after the change to DMS, and it doesn't work with PageLines Framework now. 

My account has no record of my purchase of Pagelines Framework. It appears to have been changed to a subscription to DMS, which I am not using.

If I wanted to use DMS (which I am not ready to do) the site cannot be updated to DMS without a lot of work. I understand I won't lose my pages and posts, but I will lose virtually everything else.

From what I understand, and I hope I am wrong, I now have to pay a subscription every month for Pagelines Framework, even though it doesn't even show up on my account that I purchased it, and even though the subscription I paid for previously with Pagelines Framework was for Live Chat, which I won't be able to use, and for the ability to add custom sections, which it appears I will also not be able to use. I can't even automatically upgrade Pagelines Framework from Wordpress. If I want to upgrade it, I have to download and install it again.

From my point of view, this statement is not accurate:

The Framework Dashboard is missing some things, including the store, which isn't coming back. Nor is live chat.  However, Framework itself continues to work and can still be used.  Sites can still be built on it without issue

"...without issue" --- did you really mean to say that?

What happens if I cancel the monthly subscription, and simply stick with my purchase of Pagelines Framework? 

If Hero Nav does not work with Pagelines Framework, can I get a refund?

25.83KB   0 downloads

The attachment feature doesn't appear to be working to let me enlarge this, but it says 

for PAGELINES FRAMEWORK & DMS

I really just want to know what I have to do to use Pagelines Framework the way I bought it, without the need for a subscription, and with things like Hero Nav working, and being able to update from Wordpress, get new sections, pay for live chat support if I want to, etc.

In other words, take DMS out of the equation for me --- how do I get what I paid for when I purchased Pagelines Framework?

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15858 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

@

Due to purchase time, you have most likely been grandfathered into DMS, you still have PageLines Framework which you can see here -

However, you will also have DMS as well. Regarding your subscription, all that has happened is that you have been converted from Plus to the equivalent DMS subscription, for the same price. Nothing has really changed for you.

At the moment, all your DMS related information will be here -

With all your previous PageLines Framework purchases etc.. here

@

, trust me when I say this, we too are disappointed that our services are not back up and running at peak performance. We haven't intentionally done this on purpose. If you're missing some of your sections/plugins etc.. contact our helpdesk and they may be able to resolve or at least ease your issue for the time being. 

#6 noomaking

noomaking

• Members

• 27 posts
  • LocationDelaware
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Framework Developer Edition,DMS

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Where can we get the page lines plus sections and plugins ?

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15858 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

@

Contact our helpdesk, they may be able to assist you - hello at pagelines dot com

#8 zferrell

zferrell

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

However, you will also have DMS as well. Regarding your subscription, all that has happened is that you have been converted from Plus to the equivalent DMS subscription, for the same price. Nothing has really changed for you

What if I no longer want the subscription? It was for live chat, which is gone and not coming back. 

Nothing has really changed for you

I beg your pardon, but live chat that I was paying for is gone, and is not coming back. It appears that Pagelines Framework users will not be able to buy sections or extensions. I can't even find a record of my purchase. From my point of view a lot has changed.

Anything you previously purchased is still available via your launchpad account. You can re-use them on new sites.

But we can't get anything new. I have not had the product long enough to have a viable library of sections and extensions. I just finished one site with Framework, and was planning on continuing to work on it with new sections, like Here Nav, as I had time. I'm in the middle of another site with Framework, and now this. I do not have the time nor the background to jump into DMS right now. But that appears that is my only option, and there is no easy way to rework a site that was built with Framework. 

I am not interested in conflict with you guys. I don't know how to make this work for me. I am now faced with reworking a site I just got through building with a new product I don't know how to use or have time to learn how to use, and which is not designed for backward compatibility with the product I just bought and learn how to use. If I continue to use Framework, I can't get new sections for it. A section I bought doesn't work. You tell me how to make this work without using DMS. I don't know how to do it and I am at loss as to how to even approach the problem. I feel like my problems and concerns are legit, but you gloss over them as if they are nothing important. To me it seems like you're saying "get on board with DMS, or we don't want you any more." 

#9 webmktco

webmktco

• Members

• 176 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

@

... I'm the original poster- and the reason I vented was because this issue is so out of the ordinary with the folks at PL.  I've had nothing but an awesome experience w/ PL since I moved to using them over a year ago.

Not trying to be a kiss-@ss, but I trust them and will stick with them.  

I agree w/ you on the live chat.  Forums suck for posting problems.  And I really don't like how these forums are indexed by Google.  I don't want my questions being out there regarding my client's sites.  I want privacy (which is a whole other topic to be discussed later).

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15858 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

If you no longer want the subscription, you can cancel from your account as far as I know. If the link isn't there yet, then contact our helpdesk who will be able to provide you with correct method of cancellation.

Live Chat, was never intended to be another support service. The original idea behind Live chat was that all PageLines users who subscribed to Plus, had an option to login to a private channel, where they could discuss issues, ideas, feedback and get support from other Plus subscribers. PageLines staff were only supposed to be there to greet users and moderate the channel if anything got out of hand.

However, we soon realised after a few days, that plus subscribers were completely bypassing the support forums, which are our main support resource and asking their question in Live chat. Our moderates at the time, were completely overwhelmed by the questions being asked but felt it was their duty to handle any questions coming their way.

The reason Live Chat wasn't meant to be a support resource, is the same reason why our helpdesk is a support resource (helpdesk is mainly for pre-sale questions and account/billing enquires), is that if we were to answer these questions, then the answers are lost. Where as with the support forums, these answers are open to everyone.

You're free to use DMS or PageLines Framework, our API which controls almost everything is being worked on and you will be able to access the store without issue soon.

There is also a V2 (PageLines Framework) compatibility mode in DMS Global Options > Advanced. Enabling this option as the PageLines Framework dashboard to the DMS dashboard, so you can use PageLines Framework drag & drop functionality, instead of using DMS. Until you get the hang of using DMS. However, this compatibility option will be removed in the next update.

We completely understand your concerns but there is nothing to be concerned about, PageLines Framework is still supported and is still a perfect tool for creating websites both for yourself and your clients, its just that DMS is superior.

#11 zferrell

zferrell

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

I appreciate your patience with my questions and concerns. I don't have clients, I'm my only client, and my client is frustrated.

So how do I get Hero Nav to work with Pagelines Framework?

The developer told me to put it in pagelines-sections, which I did. But it still doesn't work.

There is also a V2 (PageLines Framework) compatibility mode in DMS Global Options > Advanced. Enabling this option as the PageLines Framework dashboard to the DMS dashboard, so you can use PageLines Framework drag & drop functionality, instead of using DMS. Until you get the hang of using DMS. However, this compatibility option will be removed in the next update.

Why would you do that?

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

We would do that because it really is a stop-gap to help people transition from one product to the other, each being a separate, unique thing. 

While I totally understand your frustration, most of your questions would have been answered by reading the docs, or reading our blog. Many of these issues you and others are experiencing were unintended and solely the result of the criminal hacking of our site, not once, but twice.  Threats were made and so every single line of code (millions when you add them all up) had to be validated before they could be reinstated. That caused disruptions with everything on both the front end and back end.  It hasn't simply disrupted your work, but ours as well, so believe me, you're not alone in being frustrated.

However, as Danny said, we're working to fix things. If you care to be patient, tolerant and work with us to make things better, we welcome all the support we can get. 

I don't know from what you said, how you implemented pagelines-sections or added the section. HeroNav is a DMS product presently. If you purchased it recently (after DMS released) then likely it could have problems in Framework.  Let me know how you did things, and we'll try to get you the best answers.

• batman likes this

#13 lemonstripe

lemonstripe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

I share all of these frustrations as a long time pagelines framework customer.  For those of us that are not switching to DMS, we just want to store and framework up as normal instead of all these errors.  It is not running the way you guys say it is.  

I am currently uploading sections via FTP and they are not showing up in drag and drop...Im trying everything and my clients are getting irritated.  

Come on Pagelines...we need your help!

#14 zferrell

zferrell

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:39 AM

I don't want to make life any more difficult for you guys than it obviously already is. I won't ask any more questions or make any more comments. Only to say it has made life difficult for me as well. 

#15 zferrell

zferrell

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

never mind... 

#16 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

The Framework store was restored on the 13th August, in the afternoon NY time.

Plus extensions have been restored, in large part.  Not everything in the Framework store is back.  If you see "Thumb" in a grey box, the item isn't back yet. 

I have no ETA for these products and don't know if they can be restored properly.  Some were actually broken before the July 23td crash due to changes in jquery or javascript.  The key being, most of the store is back. This should end the complaint and debate.  Before anyone complains about it, I published a notice that the store was back for Framework. If people don't look, I can't force them.

Hopefully, this ends the debate over this subject.