tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hi Nick

I am building a site with Pageslines V2 and I'm having an issue with the Events section. The agenda does not display other than the shadow around the box (div). If I use the default Pagelines install the Agenda works fine but if I use the Pagelines Base Child theme or the Simpliciate Theme I have an issue.

Can you offer me a solution please buddy. I have attached a screen shot to illustrate my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Gary

Attached Files

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Ya it sounds like the paths to the jS files are b0rked. Open up inspector and Ibet you have a bunch of404's on the js files. If you move the events section, you'll need to change the url that the JS files are loading from. Lookn in shortcodes.php. PL_EXTEND_URL or WP_PLUGIN_URL just need to be changed to wherever ou put it.

#3 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hi Nick

I just opened the shortcodes.php file up and changed the URL from /events/js/jquery.flexslider-min.js to http://domain.org.uk...exslider-min.js and the issue is not sorted although the empty box is now bigger so something happened. 

What am I missing buddy?

Cheers

Gary

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

I can't do much without a link to your site. Use inspector, and see if you have 404's on the js files. The version of events uses the plugin url. The old version uses the pagelines-sections plugin url. There is no pagelines-sections in dms, so you'll need to change the path to whatever you have.

It's super super hard to keep these products working with V2 as there are virtually no backwards compatibility even inside the main framework.

#5 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hi Nick

I will send you a private message as the site has a plugin that hides the site until login so I'll have to give you the info.

Cheers

Gary

#6 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Gary,

I can't do anything with your login. If you are putting this section into a child theme, you have to change the paths. I can't support a section placed into another child theme because the paths for the js files are then changed and they wont' load.

#7 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hi Nick

OK Buddy I'll have a play myself.

Thanks anyway

Cheers

Gary

#8 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Ya last night Events was updated so I don't know what version you have. those constants have a WP_PLUGIN_URL or PL_EXTEND_URL that of course point to wp-plugins, or pagelines-sections. Updating this to wherever you place them should work. 

#9 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi Nick

Not managed to sort it yet mate, but I'll keep trying.

I have to say aside from the theme issue I am having this is the best Wordpress events section/plugin I have ever seen.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Gary

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Events, events, agenda