MediaBox not working in Firefox 23.0 and Windows 8.0

Question

Posted · Report post

MediaBox not working in Firefox 23.0 and Windows 8.0, in the pic. at sx is Crome Browser mediabox work fine, at dx Firefox Browser mediabox not work.

aol4.png

65 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Done, already been helping out Danny with some of the docs issues I thought were viable.

Posted · Report post

Excellent.  Thanks for your help!

Posted · Report post

HI,

OK, so we reported the issue to our tracker and our developers have informed us that this is most likely not DMS related but related to either FireFox and Windows. I would recommend either posting this issue on the Mozilla support/Windows support forums or wait for an update to the FireFox. Then see if this resolves the issue.

Posted · Report post

Danny it's oviously a class issue because if you remove the classes then the video works.

Anyways I'm well over it I'll just remove the classes and not worry about it anymore, maybe I will check it again every Firefox update and let you know how it goes.

If anybody else comes up with this issue then send them here or tell people that if there clients are going to be using FIrefox and Windows x64 then don't use Youtube videos ha ha!

Cheers for the feedback though

Stuart

Posted · Report post

I can update the issue with this possibly being related to a class.

Is pla-fade 

the only class that is potentially causing the issue ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

.no-anim .pl-fade are all that I've tried that if removed the issue goes away and the video can be seen again. But I would guess that all of those animations will affect it.

Edited by thebastion

Posted · Report post

So I can write a more detailed report, is it true that this appears to be effecting other sections too, I need to ask as I am unable to actually check this myself.

Posted · Report post

Danny I'm off on holiday now so can't give you a reply for at least 2 weeks now.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Danny managed to sneak some testing in:

Youtube viewport animations in anything using shortcode or embedd etc:

FAIL

Vimeo viewport animations in anything using shortcode or embedd etc:

No Animation = OK

Fade = OK

Scale = OK

From Left = FAIL

From Right = FAIL

From Bottom = FAIL

Fom Top = FAIL

Now this is where it gets stupid and definetly needs to be reported as a bug, this only applies to Windows x64 and Firefox:

If you do not select a viewport animation then the no-anim is applied by default on publish save. BUT.....

If you select an animation, publish then save. THEN change the viewport animation back to "No Animation" it does not apply the no-anim class and actually displays (only static no effects work).

I'm sick of testing this now and I'm off, I will add this to my already posted github.

a few examples here but I didnt have time to add them all.

Edited by thebastion

Posted · Report post

Acc..... not work in firefox for linux ubuntu 13.......

Posted · Report post

clodis is that x64 Ubuntu?

It works for me on Lubuntu 13.01  x86 (Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu canonical - 1.0)

Posted · Report post

Yes I have ubuntu 13 x64 for i7 processor

Posted · Report post

clodis and if you remove the no-anim class from the div or do what I said at the end of the last post:

If you select an animation, publish then save. THEN change the viewport animation back to "No Animation" it does not apply the no-anim class and actually displays (only static no effects work).

Does it then magically appear?

Posted · Report post

I ran into this bug as well.  Although I could edit the core code, I don't think that is a good idea. Especially because DMS is being updated so often with new version right now.  Here's a simple solution you can add to any page or in some global .js file.  This way you won't have to modify the core... just add this within the document.ready function:  jQuery('.pl-video.youtube').closest("div.mediabox-wrap").removeClass("no-anim pla-fade pl-animation animation-loaded");

Or, if you need the full code, it should look like this:

<script type="text/javascript">    
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  //youtube fix for DMS
  jQuery('.pl-video.youtube').closest("div.mediabox-wrap").removeClass("no-anim pla-fade pl-animation animation-loaded");
});
</script>
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

clodis - This is most likely an issue with FireFox for Ubuntu, I would wait until there is an update for FF and see if this resolves your issue.