MediaBox not working in Firefox 23.0 and Windows 8.0

Question

Posted · Report post

MediaBox not working in Firefox 23.0 and Windows 8.0, in the pic. at sx is Crome Browser mediabox work fine, at dx Firefox Browser mediabox not work.

aol4.png

65 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Clodis, could you provide a link to the site? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Clodis, could you provide a link to the site? Thanks!

www.amoredigesu.clodis.org

Posted · Report post

I can't seem to find the page where the video is supposed to be. However, it could well be caused by the code you have used. Can you provide the code used to add your video please.

Posted · Report post

So this does seem to be a bug in Firefox (my version is 22.0).

I have only used this code below inside the media box options:

<iframe width="382" height="215" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MXzebl0scmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It even shows in IE but in Firefox all you get is a black box just like clodis showed in his screenshots. One of the funy things is that the iframe is completely ignored as you can see by the size settings and yhe actual size it is displayed.

here is the link to my development site:

my site here

Posted · Report post

Updated to version 23.0, disabled all extensions/add-ons and the problem is still there.

Posted · Report post

Working for me in FireFox, therefore, its most likely you have an addon/extension for FF that is causing the issue. Maybe Ad-Block or something like that. http://cl.ly/image/272t3K0a2S12

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

Windows 7 or 8, Firefox and video in the media box is 100% not working.

Working for me in FireFox, therefore, its most likely you have an addon/extension for FF that is causing the issue. Maybe Ad-Block or something like that. http://cl.ly/image/272t3K0a2S12

Did you read this that i posted.....

Updated to version 23.0, disabled all extensions/add-ons and the problem is still there.

Anyway it appears that so far this is a windows and Firefox problem because you are on a Mac and it's working. It's nothing to do with add ons or extensions as i have eliminated that.

• Linux (Ubuntu) Firefox 23.0 with adblock plus and other extensions turned on or off and it displays correctly (eliminating add-ons/extensions further).
  • Windows 7 Firefox 23.0 with adblock plus and other extensions turned on or off and it does not display.

Anybody got any other versions of windows to try this on?

Posted · Report post

Sorry I forgot to add the image:

firefox-win8.jpg

Posted · Report post

@Bastion, when I was mentioned try disabling all browser addons/extensions I was referring to Clodis. Are you using Windows 8 like Clodis ?

Posted · Report post

Danny well as you can see from my other post it's not an add on/extension problem.

Yes I'm on Win8 and have also tested it on Win7, it looks like a Windows problem with Firefox which I would say is a huge problem really.

I dont have any lower versions of Windows or other OS to test this on but from seeing it work on Mac and linux it's pointing to Windows only.

Posted · Report post

I have the same problem. on firefox is the video a black box. There are no add ons installed. Is the video in the text box it works. how can I fix the problem?

VG Thomas from Germany

Posted · Report post

Finon what version of windows are you using?

Posted · Report post

Update, so if you have your browser window quite small and only display a tiny bit of the media box then hard refresh, you can see the placeholder image is actually there but if you scroll down any further it vanished and becomes a black box again....

firefox-win8-update.jpg

Posted · Report post

thebastion windows 7 professional. or what do you think? Firefox is 23.0

Posted · Report post

@Bastion, when I was mentioned try disabling all browser addons/extensions I was referring to Clodis. Are you using Windows 8 like Clodis ?

Yes used it

Posted · Report post

I have both mac sx and windows 8, with Macosx Lion and firefox works fine, in Windos 8 with firefox don't works, too the menĂ¹ icon, there nont works in Explorer for windows 8 too.

Posted · Report post

Finon it appears to be a Youtube problem with Windows and it seems like this is why I cannot use a youtube video in the slider here:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28168-revslider-how-to-add-video-and-have-it-resize-properly/

I can get Vimeo working using the [pl_video type="vimeo" id="53914149"] shortcode instead of using <iframe>

Check it out here

I have tried multiple Youtube videos but it does not work in Windows Firefox.

The next problem or bug is how on earth do you get the video controls/bottom of the video to display because the shortcode does not define any height so the bottom of the video is cropped out of view hiding all the controls........

Danny I'm going to try and reset the profile in Firefox and see what happens, btw I'm x64 in both those versions of Windows.

Posted · Report post

Danny, so I've done a full fresh install of FF and still nothing has changed, thanks for the profile problem link but it's corrected nothing.

So we are currently at Windows 7-8 running Firefox 22.0+ trying to put a Youtube video in the media box and RevSlider fails.

( http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28168-revslider-how-to-add-video-and-have-it-resize-properly/ )

Vimeo works but now I need an option to get the video to fit in the box nicely without having to use an iframe prefferably.

Posted · Report post

You could try using the old method which uses <object>, when you view the embed options on YouTube there should be a checkbox saying using old method or something like this, this should change your code from <embed> to <object>. You could give that try and see if it works for the time being, until either FF or Windows fixes the issue.

Posted · Report post

Well I guess I'll have to stick to Vimeo for any video used within DMS. If anybody is having issues with the video sizing to show the controls etc then add this to your css:

.fluid-width-video-wrapper {
  padding-top: 56.5% !important;
}

The % may differ for you.

Posted · Report post

Danny just tried that and it's even worse, you get a print out on screen like this:

value="https://www.youtube.com/v/M7lc1UVf-VE?version=3&autoplay=1"></param>
  <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param>
  <embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/M7lc1UVf-VE?version=3&autoplay=1"
         type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
         allowscriptaccess="always"
         width="640" height="390">

And nothing but a white area with the sound playing (if you leave autoplay on obviously). Looks like Youtube is not an option with DMS yet in a media box or in the RevSlider if you decide to use Windows and Firefox.

Posted · Report post

Well its not that its not an option with DMS, as its not our issue. Its seems to be an issue with either FF or Windows. There isn't anything we can do about that.

Posted · Report post

I'm sure you are aware that Firefox and Windows users are in quite high numbers globally so that is an issue you must agree?

Fair enough if this is a Windows or Firefox problem then there is nothing you can do about it but it seems weird that I have never had this issue with any other frameworks or plugins I have worked with.

I do realise that we are still testing DMS but I do want it to work out because it really is amazing to use.

I suppose this thread will help solve some headaches and let people know that if they use DMS and want all of their end users to be able to see Youtube on the site they have created then they simply can't yet do it and should use Vimeo instead.

Posted · Report post

I am not sure what you think we can do, the video embed code works on FF for Mac, as I have shown previously. There is clearly an issue, as there are quite a few topics about it on FF and Windows forums. I bring this to the attention of our developers but it does appear to be a FF or Windows issue. If that is the case, it will need to be resolved by them.

Just to make sure that its not related to DMS in anyway, can you enable Twenty Thirteen and add your embed code there and see if he video appears.